News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

I have an idea for tee shirt

A fancy hi def pic of a many piece manicure set.

Repent Galileo
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

Happy New Year Everyone!!  8)

I was planning on logging in yesterday to wish everyone a happy new year, but I was busy cooking and baking all day long.

One of the things I baked were some gluten free synonym buns,...just like grammar used to bake!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 29, 2021, 11:46:54 AM
I have an idea for tee shirt

A fancy hi def pic of a many piece manicure set.

Repent Galileo

:thumbsup:  :evilgrin:  I like it, gnomic as it is.

I will admit that though I've read a fair amount on the web about Galileo, I've only read the one book specifically devoted to his case, de Santillana's The Crime of Galileo. My recollection of it doesn't help me here. One irrelevant bit of trivia that I recall is that at the time, "Mr. Rocco Berlinzone" was a sort of nickname or euphemism for the Jesuit order.

:thoughtful:  My best guess is something along the lines of the comfy chair.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on January 02, 2022, 03:40:56 PM
Happy New Year Everyone!!  8)

I was planning on logging in yesterday to wish everyone a happy new year, but I was busy cooking and baking all day long.

One of the things I baked were some gluten free synonym buns,...just like grammar used to bake!

:lol:  :bravo:

Happy new year.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

jumbojak

I think I need a new dog. This morning I woke up to a post by a former coworker who is selling a pit bull he can't take care of. He had the boy in a puppy sized crate, curled up like a condemned prisoner. I won't take that one, but it set some thoughts in motion. Really need a friend.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

some pits are good. we had one that was really nice exvept that she fought with the other dogs and broke her leg and killed the cats leaving blood all over the bedroom.

aside from that stuff, i mean, she wS a real sweetie

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Biggus Dickus

I've been busy working around the house, trying to get some things accomplished this winter. Some of it is tedious, and some of it isn't...like enlarging a hole in piece of wood is boring, but I find fastening two pieces of metal together is riveting!!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

Dark Lightning

Think I'll stay glued to this topic.  ;D

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 13, 2022, 09:16:00 PM

I think you nailed that one. Good job.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 13, 2022, 10:03:11 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 13, 2022, 09:16:00 PM

I think you nailed that one. Good job.

Your comment dovetailed nicely!  :D

hermes2015

You will come to a sticky end. Possibly not your own.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Pretty sure I have Covid. One of my son's unvaxxed co-workers is sicker than a dog, been out of work over a week. I had a runny nose Sunday, and yesterday began losing taste and smell senses, but not bad. Otherwise some chest congestion, nothing to worry about. No place around for kits or testing- either bought off the shelves or no appointments for over a week. I'll be better (yup) or dead, by then. At least I hope this is Covid, if this is all the worse it gets. I'm not needing any medications, yet, except my asthma inhaler, which I have yet to use today. All hail medical science!  :thumbsup:

Ecurb Noselrub

Several people in my family have had it. May your symptoms be gentle as a dove and may they fly away as rapidly as a falcon.

Dark Lightning

Thanks! I suspect Covid because the symptoms seem more like it than anything else I've experienced.