News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Holy oil or shameless hucksterism

Started by Icarus, March 01, 2020, 03:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Sinners repent. DO it pretty soon or your ass is grass.   For proof of the power of God there is a bible in Dalton Georgia that exudes oil.  The oil has the power to cure all kinds of maladies like cancer and pneumonia (maybe not stupidity).

Here is an almost but not quite humorous account of a miraculous work of Jesus that has chosen a North Georgia textile manufacturing town to reveal the word of God and the power of belief. ..........enjoy........this is all over the internet.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ail_w6UPVzw

Dark Lightning

Those people are fuggin' eedjits. SMH

No one

My holy place flows with miracle oil.

Kusa

Goddamnit I wanted some of that oil but the damned bible quit making it because people started questioning the validity of it. Damned skeptical people ruin everything.

Old Seer

Applying a tad of science for an explanation- - - - Being paper is highly porous if a book were soaked in mineral oil and  left to get well saturated it should ooze oil for quite some time. Especially if keep in a bucket of mineral oil while not in use. I don't suppose it should produce any healing properties (except dry skin - maybe)  or cause any miracle workings to come about. There's one miracle I'm sure that will happen every time. It's always a miracle that people believe such claims. I have doubts that such a miracle would work on me. Of course they would claim that miracles don't work on doubters. So, rather then have any doubts I'd just go by science. I'm aware that mineral oil is used in some semi tractor transmissions, and having a bit of experience in such it would definitely be a miracle if a transmission would last for a while without. 
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

xSilverPhinx

Now who's been trying to deep fry bibles?!  :o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey