News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 22, 2021, 07:43:25 PM
Just don't know if there is enough time left in the hour glass.

the recognition of limits is what distinguishes youth from maturity

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 22, 2021, 07:43:25 PM
TNP is so happy that it is Friday that he/she is willing to say "TGIF" even if he/she doesn't believe in G.

Sure, why not? Irony is fun, except when it isn't. I finish my working week earlier than most though.
Sometimes I scroll through Imgur and I'll see a comment re a picture of a non thin female "Thick"
It makes me seethe, so
Praise the lord for the wonderful diversity of the female form.

The Next has a gimmie gimmie gimmie attitude re Covid Vax
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

True, if I understand your meaning. I'll take as many of those vaccines as they come out with and allow me to take. I haven't noticed any harm, and I like not having Covid. All I want for Christmas is a new booster.

TNP has gotten much less enthusiastic and creative regarding Christmas decorations over the past few years. Throw up few lights and call it done.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 15, 2021, 12:51:52 PM
True, if I understand your meaning. I'll take as many of those vaccines as they come out with and allow me to take. I haven't noticed any harm, and I like not having Covid. All I want for Christmas is a new booster.

TNP has gotten much less enthusiastic and creative regarding Christmas decorations over the past few years. Throw up few lights and call it done.

True. I have discovered that the only reason WE bother is because my wife is worried that our eldest daughter will give HER grief if we don't! :rofl:

Roll over the question.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

false. or maybe true?

i dont do anything for christmas at all except sleep in. sometimes im working.

sometimes the wife goes out on christmas eve and snags a bargain tree and puts some stuff on it.

i used to string christmas lights in and out of the house because theyre pretty, but i keep em up all year

tnp has never spent the night in the cellar because the tornado sirens keep going off

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

True. We rarely have significant tornadoes in the UK. And if they do any damage it's pretty trivial. So we don't have storm cellars. Although I would love a cellar in my house.

TNP Would have a wombat for a pet if they could (I would).
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

True. I have an affinity for wombats.  I have a T-shirt with a wombat picture on it.

TNP would like to spend a few days completely disconnected from all devices because he/she finds technology to be a pain in the ass - sometimes.

billy rubin

you need a farm.

i have 25 acres of hayfield, woodland, barnyard, and creek bottom that i can go walk through where there isnt any technology more complex than the boundary fence.

ive thinking about this lately. i grew up spending as much time as possible on the family farm my folks put together on their chickasaw allotment. 110 acres of homestead, barnyard, hoglot, fields, pastures, and ponds. primitive and dirty, but ive come to realize it had a lrofound effect on my lifestyle preferences.

if you dont have the land you really should look for places to just get out and away. thats very hard to do in texas, especially in the west tho

Bad Penny II

False

The NP hasn't been camping for some years and fears they never will.

Tank

True. I used to go camping a lot as a kid. But my wife's idea of slumming it is a 3 star hotel. I doubt she'd even go glamping :(

TNP feels at home by the sea.

Tank

Ecurb Noselrub

Bad Penny II

Who do you report a duck acting suspiciously to?

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 17, 2021, 12:32:04 AM
Who do you report a duck acting suspiciously to?

Contact Duck Police
https://www.townofduck.com/public-safety/police-department-2/

DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
Office: 1259 Duck Road
Duck, NC 27949

EMERGENCY: 911
Non Emergency Dispatch: 252.473.3444
Office # (Non-Emergency Only): 252.261.1112
Fax: 252.261.2108
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

False (not sure what I am responding to, but it's false).

TNP reports suspicious animals every chance she/he gets.