News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Society & Culture Section

Started by Keithzworld, July 20, 2010, 01:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keithzworld

Oooops just realized this thread was here after emailing Whitney lol ah well

So anyway, a Society and Culture section. There quite a few atheist related issues that I feel would be best suited to a category like this.

Tank

Maybe there needs to be a general discussion about the structure of the forums if Whitney is okay with that? Personally I would like to see a games sub-forum in the LAL so one would know where to find the discussion threads and the fun/game threads. I feel a little uneasy about putting up game threads in LBL.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Whitney

I don't mind eventually restructuring the forum but don't know when I'd have time to do that...it would require moving a ton of threads around.

I replied to keith's pm about the society and culture section wondering how it is not already covered by activism, media, current events etc but haven't gotten a reply.

Tank

Quote from: "Whitney"I don't mind eventually restructuring the forum but don't know when I'd have time to do that...it would require moving a ton of threads around.

I replied to keith's pm about the society and culture section wondering how it is not already covered by activism, media, current events etc but haven't gotten a reply.
'nuff said, it's pretty damn good as is. It's 'fit for purpose'. I suppose each of us brings different ideas from different places we have frequented and would like to see here.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Whitney

What I decided to do was split the meetup and activism forum section so that we have "meetups and conventions" and also have "social issues and causes".  

I think this will make it easier to find meetings, activism opportunities (causes), and at the same time provides an area that is meant for discussing social issues (society and culture issues).

Thumpalumpacus

Personally, I like the idea of having a dedicated arts section.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Tank

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Personally, I like the idea of having a dedicated arts section.
What would we put in there?