News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

You know, everything is available on the internet.

Randy

You mean I can buy a virgin on E-Bay? Why doesn't someone tell me these things!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

As for weather related stuff, there is a deadly Hurricane that is about to smash the Gulf coast near the Louisiana /Texas border.

It is predicted to move northward to smash Little Rock Arkansas then turn right to clip Memphis Tennessee and eastward toward North Carolina.  It is presently a category four which is fiercely destructive.. Authorities describe it as "unsurvivable".  Pray for the people in its' path.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Icarus on August 27, 2020, 01:20:39 AM
As for weather related stuff, there is a deadly Hurricane that is about to smash the Gulf coast near the Louisiana /Texas border.

It is predicted to move northward to smash Little Rock Arkansas then turn right to clip Memphis Tennessee and eastward toward North Carolina.  It is presently a category four which is fiercely destructive.. Authorities describe it as "unsurvivable".  Pray for the people in its' path.

This is a replay of Rita in 2005.  This will continue to happen because of climate change and eventually will overwhelm our capacity to respond.  Of course, Trump says it's a hoax, but he is an idiot.  So, our  future is in the hands of an idiot. The November US election may have implications for the survival of our species.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

Quote from: Magdalena on September 07, 2020, 12:12:37 AM
It's 111°F
  43.889°C!!

I think our thermometers would break at that temperature.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on September 08, 2020, 01:45:50 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 07, 2020, 12:12:37 AM
It's 111°F
  43.889°C!!

I think our thermometers would break at that temperature.

I'm just glad that I don't live in Woodland Hills, CA.
They reached 121 degrees (F). 49.444°C.
:desert:

That is the highest-ever temperature recorded, beating 119 degrees on July 22, 2006.

I'm sure Trump had something to do with it. He hates California. :reading:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

thats like super hot.

do you have a swamp cooler for that?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on September 08, 2020, 04:57:49 PM
thats like super hot.

do you have a swamp cooler for that?
We have a small AC in the living room and 2 small fans. That's all.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Davin

I'm just happy that we finally had day below 100°, and also that our 50 day streak of highs > 110° is over.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Randy

Quote from: Davin on September 09, 2020, 08:23:59 PM
I'm just happy that we finally had day below 100°, and also that our 50 day streak of highs > 110° is over.
Did it fall to 99.999 degrees?