News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 21, 2020, 12:13:59 PM
Yay! After many cold days, it's a pleasant 294K here today.
After many hot days I wish it were that here but it's another hot one today.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

hot and humid in the eaztern deciduous woodlands

hot is always relative. really its only about 90 F, which isnt really hot. but theres bright sun, no wind, and 75 percent humidity, so shedding heat from the human body is harder.

in arizona i recall 106 to 110 F was easily managed in the low humidity if you stayed out of the sun. in california i routinely finished my workday returning to town where the thermometers all read 115 F.

thats really hot. really hotter was 119F working in the colorado river indian reservation in chezt waders and 100 percent humidity. didnt do much of that

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Randy

Humid and partly cloudy. The humidity is always high in Georgia it seems. Without a breeze a summer's day can be grueling.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

hermes2015

It was cool here today. My car said it was 10° when I went shopping this morning.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

[squeak]I'm cold[/squeak]

Only 9°C now, and it's going to drop to around 6. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

It's 77F/25C right now and expected to hit 88F/31.1C. It's not as bad as it has been. It's hot but not scorching.

billy rubin

we've got lots of flowers blooming-- deadnettles, white clover, red clover, birdsfoot trefoil, chicory, variosu irises, sunflowers, some composites i don't recognize, some early asters, and so on

but by three in the afternoon th ehoneyflow is over. the hummingbirsd ignore the feeders earlier in teh day, but i got home and they qwere going nuts on the kitchen porch. we have three feeders out around there and th erubythroats were at them all and each other

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

Mid-90s and extremely humid in Central Texas.  If I walk to the mailbox and back I start sweating. Uncomfortable.

No one

The weather is a democratic hoax! THINK FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Randy

The heat isn't so bad today. It's only 76F/24.4C right now. It's only scheduled to get into the eighties today with a chance of a thunderstorm tonight. In my room it is sweltering though.

Davin

Just had a month with 16 days straight with lows > 90°f. Got up to 118°f one day last week.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on August 03, 2020, 03:41:21 PM
Just had a month with 16 days straight with lows > 90°f. Got up to 118°f one day last week.
118°f!!?   :shocked:
:haironfire:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

Quote from: Davin on August 03, 2020, 03:41:21 PM
I'll bet the electric company had a field day with all those air conditioners running! I used to complain when we'd have a record breaking 103F. I don't think we've had anything over 100F these past few years. What we are experiencing now is normal.