News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Last night it was 3°. Maximum of 6° expected today where I live, which is about 1750m above sea level.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 21, 2019, 09:57:39 AM
Last night it was 3°. Maximum of 6° expected today where I live, which is about 1750m above sea level.

Fahrenheit or Celsius?  Where do you live, generally?

hermes2015

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 21, 2019, 10:25:11 PM

Sorry, I did not think to specify. My home is in Johannesburg (the one in South Afirica).
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

The weather forecast is not looking good. For next week temperatures will go up to 37 degrees Celsius.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 22, 2019, 04:53:47 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 21, 2019, 10:25:11 PM

Sorry, I did not think to specify. My home is in Johannesburg (the one in South Afirica).

Degrees Celsius.
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Ah, yes...
The weather is beautiful in LA today!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

It's hard to believe it's actually winter down here.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 25, 2019, 03:05:24 AM
It's hard to believe it's actually winter down here.
:therethere:

Summer in the Northern Hemisphere began on
Friday, June 21 and ends on
Monday, September 23.
:hammock:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

Tom62

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 25, 2019, 09:55:33 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on June 25, 2019, 05:14:14 PM
37 degrees today  :(

In Germany??  Geez, that's HOT!

The air-conditioning in my car no longer works. I got stuck in a traffic jam and the temperature in my car went up to 52 degrees. I'll never ever buy another black car again.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

June has been a washout. No need to water my garden and the grass is squelching!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on June 26, 2019, 08:14:35 AM
June has been a washout. No need to water my garden and the grass is squelching!

We've also had a very wet year in Central Texas.  We've had a few very hot, dry periods, but overall it's been wetter and milder than normal.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 26, 2019, 02:59:01 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 26, 2019, 08:14:35 AM

We've also had a very wet year in Central Texas.  We've had a few very hot, dry periods, but overall it's been wetter and milder than normal.

Well a warmer atmosphere holds more energy and water vapour. It's only going to get worse. :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Speaking of water and energy, there's a thunderstorm going on right now. One just cracked right next to my house...made my hairs stand on end!

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey