News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

I'm going to die this Wednesday. 38 freakin' degrees! :o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I think that both of you need air conditioned exosuits.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Harmonie

I'm seriously beginning to believe that the chances of Eastern Oklahoma ever getting a winter storm ever again are close to the chances of the Abrahamic God existing. This is ridiculous. Another storm hits Southwestern Oklahoma and Texas. Flipping Texas. Do I have to move to Texas to experience a winter storm ever again?

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

Been waiting for rain since Tuesday. It's hot and humid, altogether not nice weather.

jumbojak

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

My young friend in Lithuania is enduring temps of minus four F. or minus 20 C (if I have my arithmetic right).  Either way it is bitchin' cold.   I believe that my friend, Justinas, would be pleased to exchange some of that atmospheric phenomena with Silver.

I am in the midst of a Florida cold wave.  The temps today was 60F and 42F at night.  Not debilitating, but not a good day for a picnic at the beach.

jumbojak

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 11, 2019, 01:07:19 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on January 11, 2019, 12:55:30 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 11, 2019, 12:29:12 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on January 11, 2019, 12:27:29 AM
Snow is on the way.

Send some my way!  :tumbleweed:

How would Brazil react to a blizzard?

Not very well, we don't have the infrastructure.

We don't either! Snow is comical around here. Everything shuts down, except my work... because thirty years ago when Atlanta got a snowstorm the first location didn't. It was one inch of snow...

Harmonie

The curse continues. The winter storm we're missing this time is directly Northeast of us. The last two directly Southeast of us.

You've got to be kidding me. It's as if the weather has a mind of its own and is specifically spiting me.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on January 11, 2019, 01:12:38 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 11, 2019, 01:07:19 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on January 11, 2019, 12:55:30 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 11, 2019, 12:29:12 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on January 11, 2019, 12:27:29 AM
Snow is on the way.

Send some my way!  :tumbleweed:

How would Brazil react to a blizzard?

Not very well, we don't have the infrastructure.

We don't either! Snow is comical around here. Everything shuts down, except my work... because thirty years ago when Atlanta got a snowstorm the first location didn't. It was one inch of snow...

:lol:

I wonder what it would be like if it snowed where I live. I think even if it were just 1 inch it would be utter chaos, like something right out of the Armageddon. 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on January 11, 2019, 12:50:41 AM
My young friend in Lithuania is enduring temps of minus four F. or minus 20 C (if I have my arithmetic right).  Either way it is bitchin' cold.   I believe that my friend, Justinas, would be pleased to exchange some of that atmospheric phenomena with Silver

Wow! Can't say I know what it's like to be in such temperatures. Doesn't look fun.