News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Hurricane Michael did ten times the damage of the last storm and it was just supposed to be a tropical depression. Millions without power, quite a few people dead and debris everywhere in some places.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

I saw that in the news. The east coast really can't catch a break this year.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

It's been all over the news here too.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Heard about it on the news here as well.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Yesterday's high in Central Texas - 94; tomorrow's predicted high - 44. Winter makes it's first appearance, skipping Fall altogether.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 14, 2018, 10:26:39 PM
Yesterday's high in Central Texas - 94; tomorrow's predicted high - 44. Winter makes it's first appearance, skipping Fall altogether.

Blimy!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on October 15, 2018, 07:53:56 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 14, 2018, 10:26:39 PM

Blimy!

When the Arctic Express comes sweeping down the Great Plains, there is not much to stop it. 

Anne D.

The trees are starting to turn gorgeous fall colors here in Minnesota. I'm so grateful to have seasons again after Texas, with its weirdo two seasons: unbearable summer and the season that was Not Summer but not identifiable in its own right. Leaves fell from the trees, but it was not fall. I thought I'd get sick of winters and snow, but it hasn't happened yet. Having four distinct seasons is lovely.

Tank

Quote from: Anne D. on October 16, 2018, 04:33:37 AM
The trees are starting to turn gorgeous fall colors here in Minnesota. I'm so grateful to have seasons again after Texas, with its weirdo two seasons: unbearable summer and the season that was Not Summer but not identifiable in its own right. Leaves fell from the trees, but it was not fall. I thought I'd get sick of winters and snow, but it hasn't happened yet. Having four distinct seasons is lovely.

I think Bruce just said much the same thing about Texas.

Buddy

Indiana went straight from summer to winter. Last week we were averaging mid 80f (~25c) now we are getting highs of 30f (-1c).

:Gaah:
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Buddy on October 16, 2018, 01:50:54 PM
Indiana went straight from summer to winter. Last week we were averaging mid 80f (~25c) now we are getting highs of 30f (-1c).

You had the same Arctic front we did in Texas, but you are colder.

Buddy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 16, 2018, 06:22:49 PM
Quote from: Buddy on October 16, 2018, 01:50:54 PM

You had the same Arctic front we did in Texas, but you are colder.

I'm not a cold weather fan. I have just been thankful that I can get away with fleece lined leggings under skirts at work.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Bad flooding in Central Texas. Bridges being wiped out.  https://www.cnn.com/videos/weather/2018/10/16/llano-river-2900-bridge-texas-collapse-vpx.keye

Llano River rose 35 feet.  Days of rain to come.  Major disruptions.  Weather can rule your life.

Harmonie

Really nice outside today, in the mid 50s. The only problem was that it rained a bit at inconvenient times.

The weather has been nice for so over a week straight now and the forecast shows it being nice straight into November. It's a bit hard for me to believe. This just isn't like Oklahoma.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony