News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 08, 2018, 05:54:23 PM
Quote from: Harmonie on April 07, 2018, 02:32:23 PM
IT ACTUALLY SNOWED (and even accumulated a little bit)!  :heyhey: :cheerleader:

A month before graduating, I got to walk through the campus and see it with snow for the very first time. I may have cried a little.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 07, 2018, 08:32:03 PM
The sun decided to come out today. I've been praying for it to go away. Obviously it decided to stay.

Sometimes I really wonder about this place what with all of teh kat lovers, and now here we are in April and Harmonie is crying tears of joy because it is snowing, meanwhile xSP is praying to the gods for the sun to go away. :eyebrow:

Oh don't worry, it doesn't snow here but probably by august I will be asking it to come back. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Harmonie on April 08, 2018, 06:44:25 PM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 08, 2018, 05:54:23 PM
Quote from: Harmonie on April 07, 2018, 02:32:23 PM
IT ACTUALLY SNOWED (and even accumulated a little bit)!  :heyhey: :cheerleader:

A month before graduating, I got to walk through the campus and see it with snow for the very first time. I may have cried a little.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 07, 2018, 08:32:03 PM
The sun decided to come out today. I've been praying for it to go away. Obviously it decided to stay.

Sometimes I really wonder about this place what with all of teh kat lovers, and now here we are in April and Harmonie is crying tears of joy because it is snowing, meanwhile xSP is praying to the gods for the sun to go away. :eyebrow:

I mean, have I not explained myself well enough? I don't live where you do. Snow is not something that sticks around all winter and beyond. Snow is something that we're lucky if we see it at all nowadays.

Also I don't much care for the sun in nearly any context. If it's below 50 degrees than the sun is fine, but if it's above that it is too hot, unless combined with a consistent North breeze. Even still, once it gets up into the 70s it becomes too warm whether or not there is a North breeze or not.

We can agree on cats and dogs, though. I much prefer dogs.

Yes you have,... and sorry as I was just kidding. I am fortunate to live in an area where we have 4 seasons, and I love the variance we have here, from the hot August summer days to the cold, snowy Januarys.

You'll have to forgive me as I'm just anxious for spring to arrive. 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Harmonie

It got up into the upper 70s today. Yuck. It was okay (I guess) if and only if you were in the wind, but there seems to be a lot of time I spend outside where the wind is blocked and that is just yucky.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Davin

It got to 100° on Tuesday. The ten year average for the last day above 100° is October 3rd. The 30 year average is September 26th. Looking forward to another hot year.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Looks like the sun finally decided to show itself
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Upper 80s today. I really need to fix the damn air conditioning!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

It reached 34 degrees Celsius on Thursday, yesterday is dropped to 20 degrees, same as today.

I've come to the conclusion that autumn is just some cosmic conspiracy to make us sick.  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

The heat has subsided for a couple of days, thankfully. It's actually 40 degrees F right now, cloudy, and windy and I love it! However, the inside temperature and humidity is still feeling like it's 80 degrees outside, so I had to turn on the air-conditioner.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Dave

There was a big, shiny thing in the sky today. We talked amongst ourselves, debating what it might be. One said it was "The Sun" but we decided that was merely the stuff of myth and legend; of stories told to children, on dismal days, to allay their fears.

The truth lies out there, we will find it . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Essie Mae

Quote from: Dave on April 14, 2018, 08:36:25 PM
There was a big, shiny thing in the sky today. We talked amongst ourselves, debating what it might be. One said it was "The Sun" but we decided that was merely the stuff of myth and legend; of stories told to children, on dismal days, to allay their fears.

The truth lies out there, we will find it . . .

That big shiny thing is predicted to be visible over UK on Tue and Wed. We are going to York for day by train on Wed so hoping to see it there.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Harmonie

Another nice day with temperatures in the upper 40s. The sun showed up today, which I would usually dislike, but since the temperatures are so cool, it doesn't make it uncomfortable.

Apparently we've broke the record of April freezes this year, and doubled the record with that! Oklahoma must be seeing that I'm thinking of moving and is trying to redeem itself, but it's already too late.  :smileshake:

jumbojak

Today was very nice. It wasn't unreasonably warm and periodic showers kept the pollen down. I just hope that my clothes are dry on the line when I get home.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Harmonie

It got up into the mid 80s. It's so yucky. I'm so ready to move.

Biggus Dickus

Mother Nature is cruel...back on April 12th it reached a high of 77 F. Then the temperature dropped back down to low 30, with a high of 39 for several days. Last Sunday we had an ice storm which wreaked havoc on the area with downed trees and branches. I have several large branches in my yard and one on my garage that I need to remove and cut down to firewood size; plus about 250,000 people were without power for 2-4 days including my workplace on Monday which totally sucked.
It was fucking freezing in the office all day, and the warehouse was even worse. We didn't get power on until 1530.

Fortunately we were able to get some generators going, but we don't have anything powerful enough to work in the warehouse so those poor guys worked in the cold and dark most of the day, plus the dock-plates at all of our loading docks are electric so I had to rig up some straps and hooks that we could attached to the forklifts in order to lift them up. It was an extremely long day.

Tuesday morning we woke up to snow on the ground.

Then yesterday we actually had a 3.9 magnitude earthquake...which was centered only about 15 miles outside Detroit which is extremely weird and unusual. In fact most times we here in Michigan feel tremors is when they occur in other states.

I feel fortunate that this weekend it is going to be in the mid-50's and sunny. Fucking heat-wave.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant