News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harmonie

Quote from: Buddy on April 04, 2018, 07:28:39 PM
Nah, I'm a warm weather person. I can take the heat and humidity but I can't stand the cold.

You need to come to Oklahoma. Heat and humidity can happen all four seasons of the year. And people act soooo offended when it's not hot and humid in April.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on April 04, 2018, 09:19:46 PM
Plus, all the pretzels you can eat, right?  :D

OMG I take so many bags of pretzels with me to work to give away because we have so many. If any HAF member wants peanut butter filled pretzels PM me because it's getting ridiculous lol
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Harmonie

There's a chance of a wintry mix tonight which includes SNOW. Yes, actual snow. Not that nonsense in February where it dropped below freezing and it still rains. I hope. I hope so much. *crosses fingers*

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Harmonie on April 06, 2018, 02:22:15 PM
There's a chance of a wintry mix tonight which includes SNOW. Yes, actual snow. Not that nonsense in February where it dropped below freezing and it still rains. I hope. I hope so much. *crosses fingers*

I enjoy our winters here in Michigan, and love the snow, butt the time for that is over. It's actually been a long, cold winter, and I've shoveled enough snow for the time being.

"When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope".

I'm tired of the cold, and of the snow, I want warmth and sunshine and a little hope.

I want to drive my car with the windows down.

I want to walk into the house without having to take boots off, or salt-crusted shoes.

I'm tired of wearing gloves, and a scarf or waiting for my car to warm up in the morning.

I want to walk out into our warehouse at work and not have to put on a jacket.

When I take my yoga mat out of my car to go to class I don't want to feel like I'm laying naked on a thin sheet of ice.

I want to sit outside on the patio and enjoy the early morning sun, watch the sunrise...I'd like to go to sleep at night and not have to lather up my hand with skin lotion, and then sleep with socks on my hands cuz' my hands dry out from the cold...maybe sleep with the windows open.

I want to take a nap in my hammock, under the trees, listening to the birds while a soft breeze folds over my face.

That's it...that's all I want.

Harmonie

I understand about dry hands/skin. That's pretty much the only thing that I see as bad about winter, and it is really annoying. I feel like since 2012 my hands have gotten a lot drier during winters. I think it has to do with me working. It hasn't gotten any better since I left and returned to school so it must be permanent. *sigh*

For me, I want the snow, though. This cold that will hopefully bring us some snow will be gone in a day or two.

If this snows and actually accumulates at all, then it will be the very FIRST time I've seen snow here since I came to this college two years ago. BRING IT ON, I say.

Biggus Dickus

April: cruellest month, am I?
Eliot: that's ... not what I meant
April: I'll show you cruel
Eliot: you're supposed to be breeding lilacs! out of the dead land!
April: lol
Eliot: STOP FUCKING SNOWING AND START MIXING MY MEMORY WITH DESIRE GODDAMN IT!

jumbojak

It was 77° F today. Nice and sunny. Tomorrow it's expected to snow.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tom62

We now have very cold mornings (-1 to 2 degrees). The temperatures then go up to 16-18 degrees.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Harmonie

IT ACTUALLY SNOWED (and even accumulated a little bit)!  :heyhey: :cheerleader:

A month before graduating, I got to walk through the campus and see it with snow for the very first time. I may have cried a little.

xSilverPhinx

The sun decided to come out today. I've been praying for it to go away. Obviously it decided to stay.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

Temperatures have gone up to 25 degrees! It is the time again to enjoy a great meal on a restaurant terrace, while wearing a T-shirt :) (and get run over by a crazy German in a delivery van  >:().
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on April 08, 2018, 08:43:50 AM
...(and get run over by a crazy German in a delivery van  >:().

Crazy stuff right there... :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Harmonie on April 07, 2018, 02:32:23 PM

A month before graduating, I got to walk through the campus and see it with snow for the very first time. I may have cried a little.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 07, 2018, 08:32:03 PM
The sun decided to come out today. I've been praying for it to go away. Obviously it decided to stay.

Sometimes I really wonder about this place what with all of teh kat lovers, and now here we are in April and Harmonie is crying tears of joy because it is snowing, meanwhile xSP is praying to the gods for the sun to go away. :eyebrow:

Harmonie

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 08, 2018, 05:54:23 PM
Quote from: Harmonie on April 07, 2018, 02:32:23 PM

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 07, 2018, 08:32:03 PM

Sometimes I really wonder about this place what with all of teh kat lovers, and now here we are in April and Harmonie is crying tears of joy because it is snowing, meanwhile xSP is praying to the gods for the sun to go away. :eyebrow:

I mean, have I not explained myself well enough? I don't live where you do. Snow is not something that sticks around all winter and beyond. Snow is something that we're lucky if we see it at all nowadays.

Also I don't much care for the sun in nearly any context. If it's below 50 degrees than the sun is fine, but if it's above that it is too hot, unless combined with a consistent North breeze. Even still, once it gets up into the 70s it becomes too warm whether or not there is a North breeze or not.

We can agree on cats and dogs, though. I much prefer dogs.