News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

We received about 5-6 inches of snow where I live in Dearborn last night, and this morning the temperature dropped down to 20F so not only was I shoveling snow, but had to scrape ice and snow of the car windows...sun is currently shining and it once again looks very pretty out, especially now that the roads have been cleared of snow and salted.

Supposed to get another 5 inches tomorrow, so looking forward to a nice drive into work tomorrow...so nice to have Father Winter back... ::)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Harmonie on December 10, 2017, 03:09:06 PM
We've had a chilly stretch of days, but sadly that's coming to an end today.

Looking at the forecast for the rest of the month, it really looks like winter is ending earlier than it did last year and with no snow at all. The coast of Texas and Florida have seen snow, but we still don't get any!

Speaking of weather, and stuff...You have a birthday coming up. Do you have any special plans?  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on December 12, 2017, 05:47:52 PM
We received about 5-6 inches of snow where I live in Dearborn last night, and this morning the temperature dropped down to 20F so not only was I shoveling snow, but had to scrape ice and snow of the car windows...sun is currently shining and it once again looks very pretty out, especially now that the roads have been cleared of snow and salted.

Supposed to get another 5 inches tomorrow, so looking forward to a nice drive into work tomorrow...so nice to have Father Winter back... ::)

Bloody Jesus Christ, but we got hit with some snow yesterday, and it's been cold as fuckity fuck...only like 10 degrees F this morning.

I had to leave the office in the afternoon for a meeting, normally the drive would take about 30 minutes or so, yesterday it took me over two mother-fucking hours...from the place we had the meeting is about 5 miles from my home, but it took me about 35 minutes to go that 5 miles.
So I went to a yoga class just to destress, got home about 9pm, then had to shovel the 8 inches or more of snow we got, then line up the cars in the driveway because the city declared it a snow emergency (Which means no parking on the street so they can plow and salt)

Get up this morning early, so I can shovel out the end of my driveway, clean off the cars and do more shoveling because we got another inch or two last night and then drive in to work

Tomorrow morning I have to get up even earlier and drive my friend and his family to the airport, we have to take their van because his wife believes in traveling heavy and taking way more than is fucking needed for any trip.(She's also a hoarder so go figure right?)
So after dropping them off I have to drive back to their house, drop off their van, and then drive into work...and they are saying we might get more fucking snow!
Then tomorrow afternoon I have to drive 45 minutes to an hour to have our office Christmas party, which in turn is over an hour from my house in normal conditions.
If we get more snow I could be on the road for hours.

Happy Fucking Holidays Everyone :P

Icarus

Here are my heartfelt condolences Father Bruno. You are being punished unfairly.   I am being punished too. My Florida temps have dipped into the high 30s at night and not much more than the high sixties in the mid day sunshine. Damn I hate cold weather.

To make matters worse for you, Selma Hayek is now 51 years old. No matter, she is still good looking

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on December 15, 2017, 12:45:10 AM
To make matters worse for you, Selma Hayek is now 51 years old. No matter, she is still good looking
:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

We are also getting snow and extreme cold, which I generally like however the snow hasn't froze properly and rather than being one slick sheet covering everything it's this big gross patchwork of jagged crunchy crystals. I can't even hike my dogs or they'll shred their paw pads :(

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on December 15, 2017, 12:47:16 AM
Quote from: Icarus on December 15, 2017, 12:45:10 AM
:snicker:

This picture was taken earlier this year at Cannes.

Mamasita!

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 15, 2017, 02:26:12 AM
We are also getting snow and extreme cold, which I generally like however the snow hasn't froze properly and rather than being one slick sheet covering everything it's this big gross patchwork of jagged crunchy crystals. I can't even hike my dogs or they'll shred their paw pads :(

Today was better here, the sun was out all day and the snow is nice and powdery...watching my friend Kahlua for a week so we took a short walk out in the woods, it was nice.

Today I'm enjoying the cold and snow, just dealing with it during the work week some times is annoying...guess I'm wishy-washy:)

Pasta Chick

I do like it much better when I don't have to get up a half hour early and scrape ice off my car in the dark to go to work.

I'll probably put booties on my dog and try a short walk anyway tomorrow. I still worry about them pulling something slipping around on this type of snow though.

Harmonie

Quote from: Magdalena on December 14, 2017, 04:10:53 AM

Looking at the forecast for the rest of the month, it really looks like winter is ending earlier than it did last year and with no snow at all. The coast of Texas and Florida have seen snow, but we still don't get any!

Speaking of weather, and stuff...You have a birthday coming up. Do you have any special plans?  :tellmemore:

I plan to spend it at home with my parents and dogs. Hopefully I'll get to see some friends while I'm back home, too, but I don't know that will happen on my birthday.

The weather forecasters are flipping back and forth saying it might snow on pretty much every day from Christmas Eve on. That might keep me at home, but you know how things have been around here lately, we only get an inch or less of snow in any "storms" anymore so I doubt there's anything to worry about at all.

EDIT: And right when I posted this they took out all of those chances of snow at all. Of course. I miss the days back when we had real winter storms. Now we just hope we'll even get one inch. We're no longer in the range for real winter storms anymore. And in fact, we're hardly in the range to get any at all given how much this has flip flopped and thrown us out of the range of the snow at all.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Magdalena

Quote from: Harmonie on December 15, 2017, 02:51:38 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 14, 2017, 04:10:53 AM

I plan to spend it at home with my parents and dogs. Hopefully I'll get to see some friends while I'm back home, too, but I don't know that will happen on my birthday.

The weather forecasters are flipping back and forth saying it might snow on pretty much every day from Christmas Eve on. That might keep me at home, but you know how things have been around here lately, we only get an inch or less of snow in any "storms" anymore so I doubt there's anything to worry about at all.

EDIT: And right when I posted this they took out all of those chances of snow at all. Of course. I miss the days back when we had real winter storms. Now we just hope we'll even get one inch. We're no longer in the range for real winter storms anymore. And in fact, we're hardly in the range to get any at all given how much this has flip flopped and thrown us out of the range of the snow at all.

The last time I saw snow was when I lived in Washington State, that was back in the 80's.  :(

xSilverPhinx

It's not even 11 am yet and it's already 33 degrees Celsius (91,4 F).  :desert:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 17, 2017, 12:52:49 PM

Could you wrap some of that up, in a well insulated package, and send it over please, Silver.

Not too much, say about 26C worth?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on December 17, 2017, 01:25:11 PM

Could you wrap some of that up, in a well insulated package, and send it over please, Silver.

I would gladly, Dave! Wanna trade places? :grin:

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 17, 2017, 01:44:59 PM

Just long enough to get me feet and knees warm!

:D
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on December 17, 2017, 01:50:52 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 17, 2017, 01:44:59 PM

Just long enough to get me feet and knees warm!

:D

I had to turn the AC on, it was unbearable. To hell with the electricity bill!

Do you like beaches, Dave?

:hammock:

This one's a bit far from where I live but I can dream, can't I? :P