News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2017, 10:32:16 AM
Quote from: Dave on December 10, 2017, 10:10:07 AM
...with the strap-on stud thingies on standby. ...
:o kinky!

Hah! Missed that!

:grin:

(Trust Tank to spot a smutty nuance...)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Just seen the 3rd, 4th and 5th snowflakes!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2017, 10:44:56 AM
Just seen the 3rd, 4th and 5th snowflakes!

Don't get excited, there are billions more waiting, you'll soon get fed up with them.

:grin:

Harmonie

We've had a chilly stretch of days, but sadly that's coming to an end today.

Looking at the forecast for the rest of the month, it really looks like winter is ending earlier than it did last year and with no snow at all. The coast of Texas and Florida have seen snow, but we still don't get any!

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Biggus Dickus

We received some snow here in Michigan yesterday, enough that I had to shovel...it was very pretty, just a soft and gentle snowfall...maybe 3-4 inches total. I stopped by a local coffee shop, and was sitting talking with one of the owners, and we both commented about how picturesque it was outside at the time.
All of the Christmas decorations were up, and the light posts in the square were wrapped in evergreen with green and blue lights softly glowing, and the snow was falling gently giving it a real snow globe feel.

It's also kinda funny. If you go out and look and everyone's sidewalk and driveways today the snow has been cleared off very neatly and complete from one edge to another,...fast forward to end of February and some folks will just shove little pathways on the sidewalks, and portions of driveways and porches will be left covered, cuz' by that time you're just so tired of it, but right now it's all very pretty and poetic.

Anyway, today I'm putting away all of my summer clothes and getting out my winter sweaters, long-johns, scarves and mittens, snowboots...nothing like waiting until the last minute. ;D

Procrastination = 1
Papasito Bruno = 0

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tom62

We've got show here as well in Germany. Airports are closing down and there are loads of accidents on the road.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Cold. But no snow worthy of the name.

xSilverPhinx

Dave

The weather forecast was wrong again, but in the right direction this time. The night of up to medium snow fall never happened.

Hope they are also wrong about the snow and minus six degrees forecast for tonight!

OldGit

We're under even more snow and are pretty much stuck at home.  Last night we had -10ºC /  14ºF.  >:(

Dave

Quote from: OldGit on December 11, 2017, 10:07:39 AM
We're under even more snow and are pretty much stuck at home.  Last night we had -10ºC /  14ºF.  >:(

Hope you are well stocked with all the essentials, mate.

We Brits are never really equipped for that sort of thing.

Take care.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: OldGit on December 11, 2017, 10:07:39 AM

:o

xSilverPhinx

Yesterday was hot (probably around 30 something degrees, I don't know just how much) but since the two walls of my room are basically unprotected from the afternoon sun by the time I'm going to bed it's an oven. 

I turned on the fan and tossed my covers aside but at around 4 am I woke up, feeling cold and very annoyed.  >:(