News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Politics / Re: Dominionists in the United...
Last post by Recusant - Today at 03:37:44 PM
In Alabama, the Supreme Court of the state included clear theological "reasoning" to justify ruling that human zygotes (fertilized eggs) are "persons". Meanwhile Donald Trump is encouraging Dominionists to believe that they will have success in a second Trump presidency. But Biden is OLD, and not sufficiently conservative!!!

"Theocratic Trump Tells Right-Wing Christians They Will Have Power at 'Level You've Never Used Before'" | Common Dreams

QuoteJust ahead of his headline spot at the CPAC convention in Virginia and the South Carolina primary on Saturday, Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump delivered a speech to right-wing broadcasters Thursday night in which the former president vowed to hand power over to the Christian nationalist movement on an unprecedented scale.

Trump said during his speech at the annual conference of the National Religious Broadcasters (NRB) in Nashville, Tennesse that he would defend "pro-God context and content" on the nation's AM radio stations as he told the audience that religion is "the biggest thing missing" in the United States and warned, without evidence, that Christian broadcasters were "under siege" by the left and a "fascist" Biden administration.

"We have to bring back our religion," Trump declared. "We have to bring back Christianity."

Striking a Christ-like pose at one point with his arms outstretched as if on a cross, Trump mentioned his legal struggles, including multiple criminal indictments and civil judgements, and said, "I take all these arrows for you and I'm so proud to take them. I'm being indicted for you."

As Common Dreams reported earlier this week, right-wing Christian Nationalists operating in Trump's inner circle are quietly preparing for the prospect of his possible reelection.

In his speech Thursday, during which he also promised to close the Department of Education so that Christian fundamentalists could take over school policy at the state level, Trump said, "If I get in, you're going to be using that power at a level that you've never used before."

[Continues . . .]
Politics / Re: Politics and Islam in UK
Last post by zorkan - Today at 01:31:02 PM
A few days ago this anti-Semitic message was projected on to Big Ben tower at the Houses of Parliament and the police did nothing.
From the river to the sea.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13115451/Outrage-genocide-message-projected-Big-Ben-Jewish-pro-Palestine.html

A few months ago I was travelling by train in Birmingham.
an incident on the train forced me to alight at the next station to report it.
Member of staff at station told me I need not bother.
I noticed he was wearing a Jewish skull cap but thought nothing of it.
Told me how he was stabbed at the station and also on a bus.
The police were not interested.

Muslim vigilantes take to streets of London in 2013.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2523658/Muslim-campaigners-protest-sale-alcohol-popular-East-London-area.html

)
Politics / Re: Politics and Islam in UK
Last post by billy rubin - Today at 01:24:08 PM
id be scared too if i didnt know the difference between muslims and islamists.
Politics / Politics and Islam in UK
Last post by zorkan - Today at 01:11:32 PM
Much in the news now about how much Islamists influence politics in the UK.

Conservative MP Lee Anderson claims that Sadiq Khan the Mayor of London is now under the control of Islamists.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68392621

Here are some statistics for the number Muslims in areas, and all are in England.

London Borough of Tower Hamlets 39.9% 123,912
Blackburn with Darwen 35.0% 54,146
London Borough of Newham 34.8% 122,146
Luton 32.9% 74,191
London Borough of Redbridge 31.3% 97,068
City of Bradford 30.5% 166,846
Birmingham 29.9% 341,811
Slough 29.4% 46,661
Pendle 26.0% 24,900
Metropolitan Borough of Oldham 24.4% 59,031
Leicester 23.5% 86,443
London Borough of Waltham Forest 21.6% 60,157

Highlighted Birmingham because I'm not far away.
UK's second largest city can only get more Islamic.
White English people have been pushed out to neighbouring towns, as is also the case with Leicester and Bradford.
Anti-Semitism is a fact of life with stabbings.
From a personal point of view, it feels very scary now.

Creationism/Intelligent Design / Re: Evolution in the bible
Last post by billy rubin - February 24, 2024, 05:42:50 PM
rabbits in the precambrian would not disprove evolutionary theory.

they would absolutely disprove the current model of chordate phylogenetics. if the anomaly could not be resolved, then evolutionary theory would be falsified.
Last post by zorkan - February 24, 2024, 12:28:50 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on February 23, 2024, 05:05:29 PMand no rabbits in the precambrian.
This article does not rule out fossil rabbits in the PC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precambrian_rabbit

God either buried fossils as a test of faith or fossils are evidence of what failed to make it to the ark.
Last post by zorkan - February 24, 2024, 11:29:35 AM
The greatest grand-daddy of us all was Adam.

"First God made Adam from the dirt. Instead of making Eve from the dirt, God thought it would be best to yank a rib from Adam. He used this rib to make Eve. So, the quote "you are someone else's rib" could mean that you are made from your parents or you are, from a long line of ancestors, made from Adam's rib."

Clear evidence of common ancestry here.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What do you do to chill-ou...
Last post by zorkan - February 24, 2024, 11:26:58 AM
Quote from: Anne D. on February 24, 2024, 03:17:13 AMWalk around the neighborhood, drink beer, cuddle with my cat, doom scroll, lay in bed reading Ian Rankin. Still working my way through the Rebus books bc I keep falling asleep and then having to reread what I read the previous night.
Have you tried John Parkin's F**k It self-help books?
Must have helped to sell more hammocks.

Laid Back Lounge / Re: What do you do to chill-ou...
Last post by zorkan - February 24, 2024, 11:22:55 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on February 23, 2024, 11:53:28 AMA stroke and distance penalty, that's harsh.
Could be 2 stroke penalty these days. That's even harsher.

QuoteGolf used to be meditative when I was a boy, lots of walking, do people still walk the course?
Of course.

QuoteBeer and episode of QI, Sandy or that guy, what was his name?
Do you mean Stephen Fry? A well known atheist.