Is it possible to solve the problem of world hunger?

Started by Asherah, March 14, 2012, 08:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne D.

Yeah, the sex ed unit of the health class we had during high school was pretty so-so, too. And, yes, they seem to love dwelling on the terrible diseases. Scary film strips made up probably 90 percent of the class.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Anne D. on March 21, 2012, 02:32:20 AM
Yeah, the sex ed unit of the health class we had during high school was pretty so-so, too. And, yes, they seem to love dwelling on the terrible diseases. Scary film strips made up probably 90 percent of the class.
They should focus more on how a baby ruins your society life for a while, and costs a bazillion dollars to raise. Especially for these kids and teens.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 21, 2012, 04:58:06 AM
Quote from: Anne D. on March 21, 2012, 02:32:20 AM
They should focus more on how a baby ruins your society life for a while, and costs a bazillion dollars to raise. Especially for these kids and teens.

Orrrrr, they could have frank, honest discussions about all elements of sexuality; tell them it feels good and can be a very positive experience, but there are precautions to take. Show them how to use a condom and where to buy birth control. Tell them about diseases, but be REALISTIC about them. Talk about orgasms, sexual anxieties and how to treat your partner with respect.

*Sigh* this is the world I'd like to live in.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 21, 2012, 02:05:33 PM

Orrrrr, they could have frank, honest discussions about all elements of sexuality; tell them it feels good and can be a very positive experience, but there are precautions to take. Show them how to use a condom and where to buy birth control. Tell them about diseases, but be REALISTIC about them. Talk about orgasms, sexual anxieties and how to treat your partner with respect.

To be honest, that sounds a lot like how my sex ed class went. We didn't talk about sexuality as much, but we did talk about orgasms and birth control and condoms. We also had the scare clips that everyone shows and he would have a picture of an infected penis pop up randomly on the projector. Good times. XD
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 21, 2012, 02:29:06 PM

To be honest, that sounds a lot like how my sex ed class went. We didn't talk about sexuality as much, but we did talk about orgasms and birth control and condoms. We also had the scare clips that everyone shows and he would have a picture of an infected penis pop up randomly on the projector. Good times. XD

Awesome! haha.

Our junior high sex-ed was actually pretty good, too, actually.
But when I was in elementary school, we had some bizarre "abstinence" group give a speech at our school. They told us that if you use a condom, one in 6 of us would get pregnant (EACH time we had sex). Which is a complete lie if I ever heard one.

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 21, 2012, 03:30:28 PM

Awesome! haha.

But when I was in elementary school, we had some bizarre "abstinence" group give a speech at our school. They told us that if you use a condom, one in 6 of us would get pregnant (EACH time we had sex). Which is a complete lie if I ever heard one.

Small wonder that people this clueless about the mechanics of sex and bc are anti-sex.   ;D 

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 21, 2012, 03:30:28 PM

Awesome! haha.

Any clue why it's so difficult for some people to do proper research ??
Seriously, something that we do every single day shouldnt be taboo.
(like how some people cringe when I mention I am getting my cycle. Get over it :\ )

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Siz

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 21, 2012, 04:38:43 PM
(like how some people cringe when I mention I am getting my cycle. Get over it :\ )

Every day? Good work, Tiger...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Scissorlegs on March 21, 2012, 04:48:41 PM

Haha! agreed.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 21, 2012, 10:18:31 PM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on March 21, 2012, 04:48:41 PM

Haha! agreed.
That's right. Don't be jealous :D