News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

"Actions" is not showing up

Started by Phren-Seeker, December 05, 2011, 05:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phren-Seeker

Hey guys, just what the title says.  I'd like to delete my account, but "Actions" is not available in my profile. 

Asmodean

Ask Tank nicely to delete you then
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on December 05, 2011, 09:04:58 AM
Ask Tank nicely to delete you then
Not going to happen. A forum is the sum of its posts. I'm not going to delete an active non-spammer account.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

You can delete an account without deleting the posts though, no..? There is a checkbox for that somewhere, yes?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 05, 2011, 12:36:46 PM
Jeepers, are we that scary?  :-\
I doubt we are... Have you seen OldGit's avatar though?!  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Whitney

We have a running policy of not deleting non spammer accounts unless there is a really good reason.  Once an account is deleted that username is no longer associated with their IP address.  

You can thank someone a while back for abusing their being granted account deletion by coming back as a sock for the policy.

However, if you just need to be forced to not be able to log in we'd be happy to ban you....we have done that for people in the past but usually it's been temporary requests because they needed to remove distractions for some important deadline.

Phren-Seeker

Go ahead and ban me then.  Thank you.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Whitney

Quote from: Tank on December 05, 2011, 04:09:10 PM
Quote from: Phren-Seeker on December 05, 2011, 03:08:48 PM
Go ahead and ban me then.  Thank you.
Why?

I would like to know why too.

Either way I'll ban your account.  But first please acknowledge that you know you can request a lifting of the ban by emailing admin@happyatheistforum.com or tankathaf@gmail.com at which time we'd definitely want to know why you wanted to be banned in the first place.

not your typical...

Quote from: Whitney on December 05, 2011, 02:42:04 PM
However, if you just need to be forced to not be able to log in we'd be happy to ban you....we have done that for people in the past but usually it's been temporary requests because they needed to remove distractions for some important deadline.
Yeah.... Happened to me a few times. Had to tell myself "Don't log in. Don't check threads. Don't stalk post." for a whole week. It's sooo hard though!
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Ecurb Noselrub

Did Phren-Seeker ever explain why he/she wanted to be banned? 

Whitney

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 08, 2011, 02:22:29 AM
Did Phren-Seeker ever explain why he/she wanted to be banned? 

nope; and didn't acknowledge my last post either.

So; Phren isn't banned yet.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 05, 2011, 12:36:46 PM
Jeepers, are we that scary?  :-\

God trawls atheist sites every Friday so he can update his naughty or nice list.

Tank

I suspect she shouldn't have quoted her questions as some plagiarism software would find it.