News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

I just crapped my pants.....

Started by Big Mac, July 06, 2006, 05:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Laughing at this website (well not really, that's gross and I'm not 80 something). I love how badly the human mind can degenerate into something like this. It's like watching a train wreck, you tell yourself it's wrong to look and enjoy but deep down you're hoping the conducter bit it hard for some reason...... (I'm not a psycho, I'm just realistic here)

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/atheism.htm
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Squid

You think that's nauseating, try reading this all the way through:

http://www.leaderu.com/truth/1truth12.html

Vitz bascially blames atheism on bad parenting...bad or absent fathers.  He relies on one of Freud's outdated and scientifically refuted hypotheses to support his claims.  He failed miserably.  However, the average Joe Jesuslover isn't going to know that or much at all about modern psychology and think "wow, this really makes sense".  And when they keep meeting atheist after atheist with great parents and strong fatherly bonds, they'll continue to regard them as outliers to the mean, they're little fantasy mean which is based on Vitz's assumption that religion and religious belief are the norm what "should" be for psychologically healthy people.

I also find it funny that most of his references are either to work by Freud (around the turn of the century) or his own writings.

Court

Oh my goodness, that is exactly like a train wreck. Complete with inappropriate laughter from yours truly. Here's my favorite:

If what the atheist believes is REALLY his belief, then he would leave people like me alone. After all, if God did not exist, He and His followers would be no enemy to the atheist. We'd just be deluded people. Therefore IF the atheist REALLY believes there is no God and the fool attacks a Christian, then he has the Don Quixote Syndrome because the Christian is not his enemy. Nevertheless, God is real and THAT is why atheists have all these organizations and debates to "prove" that God does not exist. Atheist reader, if you would just be true to what you purport to believe, then you wouldn't have the Don Quixote Syndrome.

I'm pretty sure I hate holier-than-thou fundies because they annoy the shit out me with their smug arrogance. But I still wouldn't have a problem with christianity if it would keep its silly, myth-based morals out of my life and the life of my maybe-future children. If I have a kid, I don't want her going to school where sex-ed is abstinence is the only choice (that's what they have here in TX, home of the ever-illustrious monkey G-Dub). I don't want her to have to endure taunting or violence from a bunch of pixie-loving bible-thumpers if she wants to have an abortion. I don't want her to not be able to marry the love of her life if she turns out to be gay. That's my problem with christianity. My problem with religion in general is that it is a dangerous delusion. It promotes violence and murder, even in this day and age, and it's completely false! Religion is a stumbling block of our civilization as a planet.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Whitney

Quote from: "Big Mac"http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/atheism.htm

I don't understand why christians think atheists care about what the bible says about them...are they too stupid to realize that we consider the bible a myth?

Quote from: "Squid"http://www.leaderu.com/truth/1truth12.html

I didn't read the whole thing...it's rather boring and I could figure out the author doesn't have a very firm grasp on reality when he claimed it was hard to be a believer in our "secular neo-pagan" society....where is that society?  I wouldn't mind living in it.

Big Mac

Quote from: "Court"Oh my goodness, that is exactly like a train wreck. Complete with inappropriate laughter from yours truly. Here's my favorite:

If what the atheist believes is REALLY his belief, then he would leave people like me alone. After all, if God did not exist, He and His followers would be no enemy to the atheist. We'd just be deluded people. Therefore IF the atheist REALLY believes there is no God and the fool attacks a Christian, then he has the Don Quixote Syndrome because the Christian is not his enemy. Nevertheless, God is real and THAT is why atheists have all these organizations and debates to "prove" that God does not exist. Atheist reader, if you would just be true to what you purport to believe, then you wouldn't have the Don Quixote Syndrome.

I'm pretty sure I hate holier-than-thou fundies because they annoy the shit out me with their smug arrogance. But I still wouldn't have a problem with christianity if it would keep its silly, myth-based morals out of my life and the life of my maybe-future children. If I have a kid, I don't want her going to school where sex-ed is abstinence is the only choice (that's what they have here in TX, home of the ever-illustrious monkey G-Dub). I don't want her to have to endure taunting or violence from a bunch of pixie-loving bible-thumpers if she wants to have an abortion. I don't want her to not be able to marry the love of her life if she turns out to be gay. That's my problem with christianity. My problem with religion in general is that it is a dangerous delusion. It promotes violence and murder, even in this day and age, and it's completely false! Religion is a stumbling block of our civilization as a planet.

That and for the love of Allah, I don't care to hear about going to hell. I wish Christians would think critically, most of them wouldn't be Christians, so they could objectively look at the concept of Hell. If God is so loving and caring like a "father" why would he throw his children in everlasting pain and suffering? That God Works In Mysterious Ways crap is the biggest cop out since White Supremacist claim they only love being white and are not a hate group. Total crap.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?