News:

For returning members: As Asmodean noted, when he repaired the site after a recent downtime "the local avatars got nuked." If you need any assistance with getting your avatar back, please post in the Ask HAF board.

Main Menu

My New Browser

Started by hermes2015, May 12, 2020, 04:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

After using Firefox browser happily for many years on my desktop PC, it started crashing on me several times a day recently. I tried everything suggested by other users to solve the problem, but nothing worked for me, so I decided to switch over to Google Chrome. It worked well enough after I imported my Firefox bookmarks, but I, like many other people, disliked the lack of menus in Chrome. About three weeks ago I found a browser called Vivaldi and decided to try it. I have been very happy with its performance (not one crash in all this time) and I'm discovering new, very useful features almost daily.

If any of you guys are thinking of changing browsers, try Vivaldi. It can import bookmarks from other browsers, can use the many good Chrome extensions directly, and has a very pleasant and uncluttered interface.
"Who is to say that pleasure is useless?"
― Charles Eames

No one

I bought a Pixelbook about 2 years ago, haven't used my Windows laptop since.
Chrome works very well with the Pixelbook.

hermes2015

Quote from: No one on May 13, 2020, 12:11:29 AM
I bought a Pixelbook about 2 years ago, haven't used my Windows laptop since.
Chrome works very well with the Pixelbook.

I run my graphics applications on an HP desktop PC with a big screen. I used my HP laptop for training presentations and communications when I was a working man.
"Who is to say that pleasure is useless?"
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

I run Edge (Chromium architecture) and am well-enough satisfied with it. Don't think I've tried out Vivaldi - mayhaps I shall...  :chin:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

hermes2015

Quote from: Asmodean on May 13, 2020, 08:31:37 AM
I run Edge (Chromium architecture) and am well-enough satisfied with it. Don't think I've tried out Vivaldi - mayhaps I shall...  :chin:

Yes, you should. This guy shows 3 features that are very nice in Vivaldi:

"Who is to say that pleasure is useless?"
― Charles Eames

Randy

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 12, 2020, 04:36:06 PM
After using Firefox browser happily for many years on my desktop PC, it started crashing on me several times a day recently. I tried everything suggested by other users to solve the problem, but nothing worked for me, so I decided to switch over to Google Chrome. It worked well enough after I imported my Firefox bookmarks, but I, like many other people, disliked the lack of menus in Chrome. About three weeks ago I found a browser called Vivaldi and decided to try it. I have been very happy with its performance (not one crash in all this time) and I'm discovering new, very useful features almost daily.

If any of you guys are thinking of changing browsers, try Vivaldi. It can import bookmarks from other browsers, can use the many good Chrome extensions directly, and has a very pleasant and uncluttered interface.

I like the video you posted. It looks amazing! I'm not ready to switch yet. Firefox is still working smoothly for me but if it ever starts to misbehave I'll take a gander at it. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg