News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

The Solution to Racism

Started by MadBomr101, April 19, 2020, 04:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBomr101

I have an idea on how to get some kind of control on the practice and spread of racism -- regulate it like they do everything else.

First, we pass a law that puts racism under tight government oversight. Then let's say you want to hate on blacks and Jews. You have to pay a hefty $10,000 fee for each group you want to hate so that's $20,000 to hate on blacks and Jews for a period of one (1) year. The license must be renewed each year at 10% off this initial cost. If you're caught practicing racism without this license it will cost you $25,000 in fines and up to a year in jail.

The fewer groups you hate, the less your annual expenses being a racist will be. Stop hating anybody and you can save yourself all this money and take a trip to Greece instead unless you live in Greece then you can travel to Scandanavia or the Phillipines.

Three (3) strikes on your racism license and they revoke it entirely.

On a related note, I also think if we raise the cost of bullets to $1000 apiece these mass shootings will fall way off. These lunatics don't have that kind of money. This would likely result in a number of GoFundMe campaigns by people trying to raise enough money for a mass shooting but fuck em. No one's gonna contribute to that

If we can't change hearts at least we can make Man's darker urges prohibitively expensive.

Good ideas for a better world.

Post 2 of 25
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Old Seer

Quote from: MadBomr101 on April 19, 2020, 04:06:28 PM
I have an idea on how to get some kind of control on the practice and spread of racism -- regulate it like they do everything else.

First, we pass a law that puts racism under tight government oversight. Then let's say you want to hate on blacks and Jews. You have to pay a hefty $10,000 fee for each group you want to hate so that's $20,000 to hate on blacks and Jews for a period of one (1) year. The license must be renewed each year at 10% off this initial cost. If you're caught practicing racism without this license it will cost you $25,000 in fines and up to a year in jail.

The fewer groups you hate, the less your annual expenses being a racist will be. Stop hating anybody and you can save yourself all this money and take a trip to Greece instead unless you live in Greece then you can travel to Scandanavia or the Phillipines.

Three (3) strikes on your racism license and they revoke it entirely.

On a related note, I also think if we raise the cost of bullets to $1000 apiece these mass shootings will fall way off. These lunatics don't have that kind of money. This would likely result in a number of GoFundMe campaigns by people trying to raise enough money for a mass shooting but fuck em. No one's gonna contribute to that

If we can't change hearts at least we can make Man's darker urges prohibitively expensive.

Good ideas for a better world.

Post 2 of 25
:) Do you mean, tax racism. If so, you can tax the right to be racist. Everyone is racist, it's inherent in ones natural self preservation/protection system. Some are more-so then others. What would be taxed then would be the actions/results of racism while the mental couldn't be taxed as such. How can it be known when someone is in a racist mental state. 
Billionaires can afford to be racist and won't go to prison. Billionaires are only charged with crimes if against another rich person and under certain conditions. 
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist
https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

MadBomr101

#2
Quote from: Old Seer on April 19, 2020, 04:27:38 PM:) Do you mean, tax racism. If so, you can tax the right to be racist. Everyone is racist, it's inherent in ones natural self preservation/protection system. Some are more-so then others. What would be taxed then would be the actions/results of racism while the mental couldn't be taxed as such. How can it be known when someone is in a racist mental state. 
Billionaires can afford to be racist and won't go to prison. Billionaires are only charged with crimes if against another rich person and under certain conditions.

This post is primarily satirical as many of my posts will be but if you'd like to explore it in real world terms, we can do that.

No, not tax it specifically, regulate it. Any income made from being a racist would be taxable, of course, but the goal here is to make racism a painful cash drain, not a profit making venture. By making racism costly and incentivizing tolerance, racism can theoretically be reduced. Even if it still exists in people's hearts, many won't be able to afford to practice it. Feeling racist and having racist thoughts will remain free but to practice itopenly and publicly will cost ya, a lot. Millionaires and billionaires are exempt because they always are. If you're rich enough, the rules will rarely apply to you BUT racism licenses are only available in your own name and are non-transferable so rich people can't buy multiple licenses in a variety of names and pass them out to their low income racist buddies as Xmas gifts.

Oh, and make the tax rate on any racist related income, maybe 87% to really twit the knife deeper still.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Tom62

I like the idea, but would like to know which definition(s) of racism will be used for that purpose. As it is right now, everything seems to be racist nowadays. This even includes Math, the Coronavirus or being critical about Islam (which is rather silly, because Islam is not a race).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

No one

Remove all the humans, problem solved.

Asmodean

Oi! You have a loicense for that opinion?

I fundamentally disagree with any practice of criminalizing/penalizing thought or any peaceful expression thereof. If someone hates someone else - that's between them and their world view. If they act violently against that someone (No, speech is not ever violence, although Twitter has been trying to convince us otherwise for years) only then does the issue require societal/government involvement.

Freedom of speech/expression being fundamental to a free society, I would consistently vote against any political actor proposing such measures regardless of their affiliation and other policies.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Old Seer

Quote from: No one on April 19, 2020, 08:13:14 PM
Remove all the humans, problem solved.
That leaves the predator and the grazer. Would they be racist.  :)
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist
https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

MadBomr101

Quote from: Tom62 on April 19, 2020, 07:03:55 PM
I like the idea, but would like to know which definition(s) of racism will be used for that purpose. As it is right now, everything seems to be racist nowadays. This even includes Math, the Coronavirus or being critical about Islam (which is rather silly, because Islam is not a race).

Let's define it as toxic racism then. Racism openly expressed to incite anger, intolerance, and violence. If someone wants to sit at home and hate Mexicans privately by him or herself, more power to that individual. I guess that would be non-toxic racism. It's a weird hobby but whatever, so long as its kept private and impacts no one else. If that person wants to go public with his racism, he'll have to apply for the license and pay his $10K to hate Mexicans.

For a period of one (1) year.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Asmodean

Why Mexicans though? They are not a race any more than Germans or those pesky Luxemburgers..?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MadBomr101

Quote from: Asmodean on April 20, 2020, 12:08:57 AM
Why Mexicans though? They are not a race any more than Germans or those pesky Luxemburgers..?

They're as good a group of foreigners to hate on as anyone else including Germans or the damn Scottish, those haggis eating sons of...
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Asmodean

That's xenophobia though, not racism (which may be a special case of xenophobia, but not necessarily)

I see no reason to legislate against it.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MadBomr101

Quote from: Asmodean on April 20, 2020, 12:24:27 AM
That's xenophobia though, not racism (which may be a special case of xenophobia, but not necessarily)

I see no reason to legislate against it.

Don't nitpick my hatreds ya lumpy grumpy motherf...(post discontinued by profanity filter)
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: MadBomr101 on April 19, 2020, 04:06:28 PM
I have an idea on how to get some kind of control on the practice and spread of racism -- regulate it like they do everything else.

First, we pass a law that puts racism under tight government oversight. Then let's say you want to hate on blacks and Jews. You have to pay a hefty $10,000 fee for each group you want to hate so that's $20,000 to hate on blacks and Jews for a period of one (1) year. The license must be renewed each year at 10% off this initial cost. If you're caught practicing racism without this license it will cost you $25,000 in fines and up to a year in jail.

The fewer groups you hate, the less your annual expenses being a racist will be. Stop hating anybody and you can save yourself all this money and take a trip to Greece instead unless you live in Greece then you can travel to Scandanavia or the Phillipines.

Three (3) strikes on your racism license and they revoke it entirely.

On a related note, I also think if we raise the cost of bullets to $1000 apiece these mass shootings will fall way off. These lunatics don't have that kind of money. This would likely result in a number of GoFundMe campaigns by people trying to raise enough money for a mass shooting but fuck em. No one's gonna contribute to that

If we can't change hearts at least we can make Man's darker urges prohibitively expensive.

Good ideas for a better world.

Post 2 of 25

:notsure: Hmmm...And how would the underground license market play into this? I'd bet they'd be finding way cheaper ways than the normal bureaucratic route, prices so juicy that racists who just can't help themselves will bite.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey


MadBomr101

#13
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 20, 2020, 02:22:36 AM:notsure: Hmmm...And how would the underground license market play into this? I'd bet they'd be finding way cheaper ways than the normal bureaucratic route, prices so juicy that racists who just can't help themselves will bite.

There's always going to be those who try to save a buck through fraud and cheating but racists practicing openly would be subject to random checks and anyone caught using a fake license would be hit with even more Draconian penalties than those who violate the rules on a legally obtained license.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

viocjit

Your idea is interesting. I don't know any place of the world with this kind of license.

I'm a French citizen without any other citizenship who lived his whole life in French Republic and I did never go outside European Union. The first and last time I go outside France was in Belgium.

Your idea is against the first amendment of the constitution of United States of America.
You country is the sole country in the world and the western world where freedom of speech is nearly absolute.
You don't realize this liberty is essential because everybody can say what he / she want and this is essential for political debate.
When there are unjustified restrictions on freedom of speech (For me the only restrictions acceptable are national security , prohibition of dead threat or to injury someone , prohibition of revenge porn and others things relative to private life) political debates are biased (Biased = Don't favorise evolution of society) and extremists go underground or partially underground.
Among these extremists there are violent people and the fact they go underground or partially underground is a problem because it is more complicate for intelligence services to identify those who are potentially violent.
I don't think it is normal to face prison because we say something against the value of mainstream society.
In my country we face jail if we say racist things in public but in practice if we are convicted we get often a suspended prison sentence.



In my country we have an act named "Loi du 28 juillet 1881 sur la liberté de la presse" or "Law of July 29, 1881 on freedom of the press" that was amended approximately a dozen of times since its enactment.
In the 1970's racist speech was prohibited by a modification to this law.

Extract of article 24 of this law (Penalties indicated are the maximum and it doesn't exist mandatory minimum for this kind of infractions because it is a délit or misdemeanor. Misdemeanor are infractions for which we are facing an imprisonment term not above 10 years or a fine with a maximum amount between 3750 € et 7 500 000 €)  :

"Ceux qui, par l'un des moyens énoncés à l'article 23, auront provoqué à la discrimination, à la haine ou à la violence à l'égard d'une personne ou d'un groupe de personnes à raison de leur origine ou de leur appartenance ou de leur non-appartenance à une ethnie, une nation, une race ou une religion déterminée, seront punis d'un an d'emprisonnement et de 45 000 euros d'amende ou de l'une de ces deux peines seulement."

"Those who, by any of the means set out in article 23, have advocated to discrimination, hatred or violence against a person or a group of people because of their origin or of belonging to or not belonging to an ethnic group, a nation, a race or a determined religion, will be punished with one year imprisonment and a fine of 45,000 euros or one of these two penalties only."



As the article 24 refer itself to article 23 of the law here the article 23 (The word crime in the text means infractions when someone is facing a maximum imprisonment term of 15 years or more. The mandatory minimum for a crime is 1 year of suspended prison sentence if the person committed an act for which life imprisonment isn't the maximum penalty or 2 year of suspended prison sentence if the person committed an act for which life imprisonment is the maximum penalty. Article 2 of the criminal code mentioned at the end of this article is a reference to criminal code or code pénal in French in force between 1810-1994 that was modified many time and not the code pénal of today in force since 1994 that was modified many time) :

"Seront punis comme complices d'une action qualifiée crime ou délit ceux qui, soit par des discours, cris ou menaces proférés dans des lieux ou réunions publics, soit par des écrits, imprimés, dessins, gravures, peintures, emblèmes, images ou tout autre support de l'écrit, de la parole ou de l'image vendus ou distribués, mis en vente ou exposés dans des lieux ou réunions publics, soit par des placards ou des affiches exposés au regard du public, soit par tout moyen de communication au public par voie électronique, auront directement provoqué l'auteur ou les auteurs à commettre ladite action, si la provocation a été suivie d'effet.

Cette disposition sera également applicable lorsque la provocation n'aura été suivie que d'une tentative de crime prévue par l'article 2 du code pénal."

"Will be punished as accomplices in an action qualified as a crime or a misdemeanor ,Those who, either by speeches, cries or threats made in public places or meetings, or by writings, printed matter, drawings, engravings, paintings, emblems, images or any other medium of writing, speech or image sold or distributed, offered for sale or displayed in public places or meetings, either by placards or posters exposed to the public eye, or by any means of communication to the public by electronic means, will have directly provoked the author or authors to commit the said action, if the provocation has been followed up.

This provision will also apply when the provocation has only been followed by an attempted crime provided for in Article 2 of the Criminal Code."