News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Sesquipedalian

Started by Tank, August 06, 2019, 08:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I find it ironic that sesquipedalian is an example of a sesquipedalian word.  :o
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

The human offspring amused itself by turning chemical energy into kinetic energy in an elasticated sphere manufactured from the vulcanised sap of the South American tree Hevea Brasiliensis. 
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Verbosity is an underused word.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on August 06, 2019, 12:24:36 PM
Debatable  ;)  ;D

Too many random thoughts whirling around in your mind?

TL;DR: Bored? :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

After due consideration I am now not in a condition of internalised lack of enthusiasm.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on August 08, 2019, 06:12:56 AM
After due consideration I am now not in a condition of internalised lack of enthusiasm.

That is a reason for a celebration with comestibles.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 08, 2019, 08:36:41 AM
Quote from: Tank on August 08, 2019, 06:12:56 AM

That is a reason for a celebration with comestibles.

It would appear upon reflection of your observations that you now understand the sesquipedalian nature of this collection of posts. :)

hermes2015

I do not just have a pulchritudinous visage.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 08, 2019, 10:24:54 AM

I cannot express an opinion as I have never had cause to observe your physiognomy.

hermes2015

Oh, I do enjoy a bit of badinage, or even persiflage, with your good self.
― Charles Eames

Tank

You're getting very close to a tautology there.

Bad Penny II

Pulchritudinous, not an onomatopoeic choice of word.
Yet pulchritudinous is the right word for his beauty.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

Quote from: Bad Penny II on August 08, 2019, 12:41:42 PM

Pulchritudinous, not an onomatopoeic choice of word.
Yet pulchritudinous is the right word for his beauty.

Why, thank you, Green (blush, blush.)
― Charles Eames