Principal Proclivity: Procrastination Problem Persists

Started by xSilverPhinx, November 18, 2018, 08:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on December 21, 2018, 09:51:48 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2018, 09:45:39 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 21, 2018, 09:37:28 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2018, 09:30:13 PM
I have nothing to put off until the last minute, for now. Feeling kind of disoriented.

:rofl:

Tank, I don't think you understand the severity of the situation. :P What's an incurable procrastinator like me to do? :shrug:

Consider your options, over and over again!

Maybe tomorrow. :P

Well whaddya know? I think you've solved the problem, Tank! :lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Since I've put off spring cleaning for months I am 'summer cleaning' now, starting with my computer files. Better late than never, right? :P

Dark Lightning

I have that problem currently with my "shop"- a portion of the garage that has nothing stored or piled in it. I have a project to build, but there is too much stuff in the way, and the dust bunnies need vacuuming up. Now I have a nasty cold, and taking benadryl. That makes me sleepy, and I'm not sure I should be using even a vacuum cleaner. Maybe tomorrow...  :)

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 23, 2018, 08:56:10 PM
Since I've put off spring cleaning for months I am 'summer cleaning' now, starting with my computer files. Better late than never, right? :P
I had to do that with my phone today. Really need a new one.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 04, 2019, 05:12:05 PM
I have that problem currently with my "shop"- a portion of the garage that has nothing stored or piled in it. I have a project to build, but there is too much stuff in the way, and the dust bunnies need vacuuming up. Now I have a nasty cold, and taking benadryl. That makes me sleepy, and I'm not sure I should be using even a vacuum cleaner. Maybe tomorrow...  :)

Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!  :devil:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on January 05, 2019, 09:54:57 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 23, 2018, 08:56:10 PM
I had to do that with my phone today. Really need a new one.

Heh, I don't know much about phones, but my mother told me the other day that when she tries to use her phone the screen kept freezing on her and she would constantly have to restart it. She asked me to help her remove some files she had downloaded from messenger apps in hopes of fixing the problem. I had a quick look and saw I don't know how many cleaning apps running at the same time (seriously, I think there were 5 or 6), taking up phone resources. I'll never get the two hours of 'cleaning' her phone and ridding it of those excessive apps back. ::)

Sigh, I love ya mom but you really need to learn the very basics of modern technology.   

Icarus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 06, 2019, 01:39:35 AM

Sigh, I love ya mom but you really need to learn the very basics of modern technology.   

So does poor Icarus.  Could you help both of us into this brave new world of digital gadgetry ?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on January 06, 2019, 02:14:15 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 06, 2019, 01:39:35 AM

So does poor Icarus.  Could you help both of us into this brave new world of digital gadgetry ?

Heh, I am certainly not the most qualified person to do that, just learning as I go along.

My mother is a proud person and doesn't ask for help unless she absolutely needs to, and even then... ::) I saw her fumbling with her cellphone, frustrated and angry. I asked her what was wrong and she said the cellphone I had bought her sucks and she'll have to get a new one.

(I have the same phone model and specs and know it doesn't suck) ::)

'The screen's always freezing', she told me. I then explained to her that her phone, like most people, are not good at multitasking and if there are too many programs running at the same time it will consume resources and the screen will freeze. I uninstalled like 5 cleaning apps that were running at startup and added Avast Antivirus (which also 'cleans') so that she could remove all those junk files she likes to remove.

'You know', I told her as I uninstalled the apps. 'You don't actually have to install every app suggestion that appears in your browser...'

She gives me the death glare in reply.

She hasn't complained about the phone since so I'm guessing that worked -- for now.

xSilverPhinx

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I'm currently exploring the Mountains of Distraction. It's so nice up here. :tellmemore:

Bluenose

It is necessary to explore all areas of Procrastination before attempting any task.  Remember, never put off until tomorrow that which you can delay to the middle of the week after next...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bluenose on April 02, 2019, 12:38:43 AM
It is necessary to explore all areas of Procrastination before attempting any task.  Remember, never put off until tomorrow that which you can delay to the middle of the week after next...

Exactly, Bluenose! ;D

:P

Magdalena

Quote from: Bluenose on April 02, 2019, 12:38:43 AM
:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant