News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Monkeys

Started by karateman7, March 22, 2010, 07:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karateman7

Hello, all, I'm new to the board. I'll save the intros for later, but just wanted to vent/ :( those poor little cute things.

Where to start besides "Do people really think this way!?"

1. I told him many of these people don't care whether or not they came from monkeys, they're from catholic believing countries. He says "well teh catholics aren't christian, they believe in evolution.

2. Monkeys have emotion and intelligence!

3. The bible, which he so loves, condones this type of shit. People were killing and slaving people even before evolution became a prominent force in society.

I'm more than open to any comments, whether I'm right or wrong. I got a little upset, so I just stood silent. Which may have been better.

Whitney

You could take my favorite approach, look at him like he just told you that gravity is false and it is actually angels who hold us down to the ground and tell him that he really needs to brush up on both the bible and modern science.

There comes a point where a person is just so mis-informed and/or stupid that trying to argue with them is only a waste of energy.

elliebean

The brain is a vestigial organ for those types.
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Sophus

there are people who think we came from monkeys?!?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Sophus"there are people who think we came from monkeys?!?

Creationists say there are.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

elliebean

It would be interesting, to say the least, if something like a monkey were to have been born with a genetic mutation that allowed it to possess human-like intelligence. Personally, I don't think it would be all that pleasant to meet such a creature.
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Whitney

Quote from: "elliebean"It would be interesting, to say the least, if something like a monkey were to have been born with a genetic mutation that allowed it to possess human-like intelligence. Personally, I don't think it would be all that pleasant to meet such a creature.

I think it would be cool for a cute monkey to be smart enough to not throw poop at us.  OR, better yet cross the with a fluffy kitten and it would be a cuteness explosion!

Ellainix

Quote from: "elliebean"It would be interesting, to say the least, if something like a monkey were to have been born with a genetic mutation that allowed it to possess human-like intelligence. Personally, I don't think it would be all that pleasant to meet such a creature.

I don't think a monkey needs human-like intelligence to find Karateman's friend an unpleasant experience.
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

skwurll

If there was a monkey with human like intelligence, how do you think he/she would view humanity?

G-Roll

APES!! WE COME FROM APES!! monkeys have tails.

lol tell him we come from super sayans. and we used to have the ability to shhot fire balls and actually had tails. Lol i dont even like DBZ and here i am referencing it...
i was gonna type something else but i forgot what it was... oh well.
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)