News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Juneteenth

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, June 14, 2020, 02:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on June 16, 2020, 05:35:31 AM
Quote from: Randy on June 15, 2020, 11:31:15 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on June 15, 2020, 09:36:19 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 15, 2020, 09:10:30 PM
I was wondering who finally told him what Juneteenth was, and why it mattered.

Apparently he wasn't aware until someone told him, but I don't know who informed him.
Somebody with some sense. He doesn't sound like the type of person to look things up for himself or to care about the day until someone reminded him there is an election coming up.

^Hear! Hear! I'd never heard about the day either (being a bloody ignorant foreigner), so I had to look it up as well.

Me too.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

What I also wonder is who picked that day and location in the first place?  Somebody I'm sure was dog whistling away.  My guess is Steve Miller, that guy who looks like a constipated weasel -- he has the background for it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 20, 2020, 02:47:07 AM
What I also wonder is who picked that day and location in the first place?  Somebody I'm sure was dog whistling away.  My guess is Steve Miller, that guy who looks like a constipated weasel -- he has the background for it.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I'm not a fan of strawberries, unless served without pesticides. Can't say the same for tomatoes, though. I would do anything for a big...red...juicy tomato. :yum:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey