News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

nature, and it's impositions

Started by billy rubin, October 30, 2019, 09:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

so i came home this afternoon, and went down to the warehouse to collect some kitchen utensils.

and heard a baby cat squalling from the deadout beehives. at first it wouldn't come out, but finally it climbed onto a bee box and allowed me to collect it. so here we are.

i am innately incapable of abandoning  baby animals. so now we have a late-season kitten that requires tending about two months later than its compadres.

another problem of living in the country.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Well would you look at that, looks like you've got a new friend! :grin:

Out of curiosity, would a feral kitten allow you to collect it? Could it have had contact with humans before and was abandoned?  :-\
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

yes, i think?

cats are wild, but kittens are always tame.

where i live all cats are feral. or at least twenty or thirty, every spring. when theyre young, you just pick them up.

generally the coyotes keep the winter numbers down, but in the fall we have a crossover.

this one is way-late for kittens, and the momma is apparently mostly absent.

life.

i know where it cam from, because my household tomcat is gray and has fathered all the subsequent generations around here.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Poor thing....life can be brutal. :( Good thing you came along!

So, what are you going to name it?

billy rubin

i love our cats, but i don't name them.

we go through ten or twenty cats every winter, because the coyotes are trying to keep their pups alive.

bobcats as well.

we have a few that stay alive from year to year-- like otis, my gray tom who has fathered all kittens around here for two years, including this one.

so i hereby proclaim this kitten to be named bhisma, from the honorable grandfather in the mahabharata.

for no particular reason

billy rubin

and what can i say

i love cats

foolish or othewise

this one is very social

and will likely end up sleeping on my chest.

billy rubin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 30, 2019, 10:00:38 PM

Out of curiosity, would a feral kitten allow you to collect it? Could it have had contact with humans before and was abandoned?  :-\

im sorry   i didnt answer this.

there iczero chance thisbkitten could be a reject from human society.

we start from scratch.

we livevin the country, no neighbors for milesm

oftren  peoppl le abandon cats on us. but tbey will be adults, not a ingle kitten

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on October 30, 2019, 10:46:59 PM
so i hereby proclaim this kitten to be named bhisma, from the honorable grandfather in the mahabharata.

That's a cool name (had to google it :P) :grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on October 31, 2019, 12:41:48 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 30, 2019, 10:00:38 PM

im sorry   i didnt answer this.

there iczero chance thisbkitten could be a reject from human society.

we start from scratch.

we livevin the country, no neighbors for milesm

oftren  peoppl le abandon cats on us. but tbey will be adults, not a ingle kitten

Ah ok. I don't know much about how cats behave, never had one. Especially feral cats, they are a complete mystery to me.

billy rubin

cats are cheap in the country

we have house cats and barn cats and visitors

pets

semi domestic

wild

zome by their nature live with us. others visit on their own schedule.

zome avoid people altogether