News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

I Hate Rap

Started by Kekerusey, September 26, 2016, 01:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Here is a vid that almost comes off as rap. The woman is good at her rapid delivery, she is making some sense but her delivery is a tad strident, thankfully not quite as strident as the cop killer rap that I keep hearing.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShrWgdHEwHs

Kekerusey

Quote from: Magdalena on October 03, 2016, 10:15:06 PMHow much hate are we talking about?

It's just a word. Intensity depends on context.

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Asmodean

"Cheeseburger" is just a word. Cheeseburger is a burger with cheese.  ;)

/end philosophy
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Kekerusey

Quote from: Asmodean on October 04, 2016, 12:02:02 PM
"Cheeseburger" is just a word. Cheeseburger is a burger with cheese.  ;)
/end philosophy

I hate cheeseburgers too.

Keke

Asmodean

"Too" is just a word too.

...And The Asmo, it appears that He has a new word game to play. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on October 04, 2016, 06:14:55 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 03, 2016, 10:11:58 PM
Quote from: Davin on October 03, 2016, 07:25:00 PM
Conversations like this tend to go to many places. I found the "bleating by lesser mammals" bit particularly disturbing.

Yes. I'm still waiting for an answer from Icarus, so I will not talk about it, yet. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what he meant by that. I even did the whole "Kanye West fish stick diagram."  :lol:
I'll just wait.  If he doesn't want to answer that's fine.

Mags I used the term; "lesser mammals" in a fit of irritation. Here's why....I am not pleased when I drive down the boulevard, a generally acknowledged civilized area, and have to listen to ....or be exposed to the high decibel sound systems in certain cars. Specifically the ones that are doing rap that includes the apparent obligatory use of words like motherfucker and bitch, slut, whore, and motherfucker again and again.  I don't like that such stuff is inflicted on the general public and especially little girls who are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. 

I am anything but a goodie two shoes. In fact I can and occasionally not publicly, do  use profanity equal to the worst of it. That I am opposed to, and vociferously condemn that kind of "rap music" is not something that I am inclined to apologize for. Lesser mammals is a descriptive term that fits the semi humans that I describe.

And just wait a damned minute.  In the above I have not once assigned a racist suggestion so do not get all stirred up about your own sensitivities by misinterpreting what I have written..  Dumb honky ass holes are just as culpable as the darker skinned assholes. I make no distinction.

Thank you for taking the time to answer what "a lesser mammal" means to you. I had a feeling it was used as an insult. You didn't say all these things when you made your post, that's why I asked you to define your words.

My "sensitivities" didn't misinterpret anything, neither did my common sense. I didn't assumed you were being racist, hateful yes, but not racist. You said you live in a "civilized" area, so why are there "lesser mammals" or "semi humans" around there? You can't get rid of them? Would you want to get rid of them?

Your answer is still not clear. You said,
QuoteRap is not music! It is bleating noise made by lesser mammals.. Intelligent Rap??  Crude poetry can not masquerade as music.
You said you do not like to,
Quotebe exposed to the high decibel sound systems in certain cars. Specifically the ones that are doing rap that includes the apparent obligatory use of words like motherfucker and bitch, slut, whore, and motherfucker again and again.
So what is it?
1. Those who create rap,
2. the high decibel sound system,
3. the bad words used to express anger,
4. those who listen to rap?
That's a lot of lesser mammals, or semi humans that you live around. Just as you are angry about all this, rappers are angry about many things as well.

You get to express your anger in a forum, others rap. I have to read about you calling other human beings, "lesser mammals" or "semi humans" which I think is extremely offensive, and Davin thinks is disturbing. So thanks to you, I have been talking to my 5 and 13 year old kids about it because some boys are also made of sugar and spice and everything nice, not just girls. Yes, my kids love rap, and we do talk about the lyrics, but your words have given us a lot more to talk about this whole week.

I'm sorry to hear that the air waves in your almost perfectly civilized world is being contaminated  by lesser humans. You are a very intelligent man, I'm a bit surprised to hear that you still haven't learned to share the world, yet.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Kekerusey

If there aren't lesser mammals, why did God invent the French, Australians and Chavs?

Keke

Asmodean

Quote from: Kekerusey on October 04, 2016, 03:24:33 PM
If there aren't lesser mammals, why did God invent the French, Australians and Chavs?

Keke
And pesky Luxemburgers >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on October 04, 2016, 02:59:50 PM
1. Those who create rap,
That's a lot of lesser mammals, or semi humans that you live around. Just as you are angry about all this, rappers are angry about many things as well.
I am the kind of lesser mammal that listens to rap. I wish I was the kind of lesser mammal that could create rap. I'm also a lesser mammal that occasionally likes to listen to some music loud. I'm also the kind of lesser animal that uses words that many people irrationally call "bad words."
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on October 04, 2016, 08:01:28 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 04, 2016, 02:59:50 PM
1. Those who create rap,
I am the kind of lesser mammal that listens to rap. I wish I was the kind of lesser mammal that could create rap. I'm also a lesser mammal that occasionally likes to listen to some music loud. I'm also the kind of lesser animal that uses words that many people irrationally call "bad words."

Me too!
:hug:

~Thanks for the wonderful .gif, Apathy:grin: Are you also a "lesser mammal" who loves rap? Let's "own" the word, shall we?  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Come on, Icarus, don't tell me this doesn't move you.  :dance1:

Ecurb Noselrub

There is no genre of music that I cannot appreciate. Doesn't mean that I like every song, just means that I can find some merit in the genre.  Music comes from human experience, so affirming music is affirming humanity.  It's a window into a section of culture.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 05, 2016, 03:09:42 AM
There is no genre of music that I cannot appreciate. Doesn't mean that I like every song, just means that I can find some merit in the genre.  Music comes from human experience, so affirming music is affirming humanity.  It's a window into a section of culture.

:tellmemore:
That was nice, Ecurb Noselrub.

It's nice to see you here. I'm glad you came to the party.

:secrets1: I've been watching you react to the comments...

You look good, how's your "condition?"
:grin:

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

One last explanation and I am outta' this thread.

I do reckon that I have offended Mags and perhaps others. For that, I am sorry.

There are some people who spend large sums of money to buy large sound systems for their automobile. Those systems are capable of 110 decibel sound intensity, perhaps more. That is in the neighborhood of the sound that a Boeing 737 makes. The sound intensity is capable of breaking windows. I am not exaggerating in the slightest.  If you are within ten car lengths of the sound source it can hurt your ears.  Imagine yourself stopped at a traffic light and one of those machines are near you.

We have ordinances that prescribe the sound level that is permitted in the public places.  The ordinance says that music or other sounds must not be loud enough that normal hearing will detect the sound within 50 feet of the source. The sounds I am protesting can be heard  a thousand feet away.  When asked why a perpetrator finds it necessary to terrorize the area with all that noise, the answer is almost always; "I like to piss people off" or words to that affect.  (aside note; We had  person with that attitude a while back....Music Loving Atheist If memory serves)

The almost invariable choice of the loud car type is rap. That may be because rap has very deep bass rhythm beats. The low frequency vibrations are what causes plate glass windows to shake, sometimes even crack.  The incredibly loud rap rhyme is frequently characterized by the trashy words that I previously described.

I am only one of the overwhelming majority of the local population that is offended by the incredibly loud noise and also by the language that is being broadcast for whole city blocks. The people who make all that noise are displaying anarchistic behavior.

Very large older model cars and pickup trucks are the choice of the noise guys. That is because a lot of space is needed to house the array of enormous speakers that are required to create the din. . It takes a hell of a powerful amplifier to drive those huge speakers. Just imagine the ampere consumption of a thousand watt amplifier. .....If operated at 12 volts the energy drain will be 83 plus amps. That kind of drain will flatten a conventional car battery in minutes. The solution is to use huge auxiliary batteries such as the ones that drive golf carts. To charge batteries of that kind and keep them charged requires a much larger alternator/generator than is normal for an automobile. So a huge alternator is grafted onto the engine. Engine fuel consumption is affected when driving the large generating unit.  There is a whole industry out there that supplies the parts and components of those hellish machines. There are obviously customers who support that industry. The customers, by definition, are people who have  zero consideration for the peace and comfort of the general public. I am not the only old curmudgeon who can contrive uncomplimentary names for such social misfits.

Truth to tell I am turned on by certain kinds of loud noises.  I have spent a pretty good chunk of my life in the pits at race tracks as well as a lot of time in dynamometer rooms. Powerful engines can make their own kind of music. That music is confined to venues, race tracks, that are remote from neighborhoods, or shopping centers or apartment buildings. Nor do race engines  ever use gratuitous profanity.

There.  That is enough of my explanatory missive. I have apologized if I have offended my peers here on HAF. I have not apologized for inventing labels for insensitive mongrels who intentionally and gleefully disturb the peace.  ..........have a nice day......