News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

How Kim Kardashian helps gay marriage

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, November 02, 2011, 03:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Kim Kardashian's marriage lasted an incredible 72 days before she decided to file for divorce.  A gay/lesbian group pointed out that such meaningless hetero marriages undermine the arguments against gay marriage.  It is typically argued that gay marriage undermines the traditional concept of marriage and threatens to destroy it.  I have to agree with this group that bullshit marriages like Kardashians do a lot more harm to the institution than gay marriages.  Divorce destroys marriage. Adultery destroys marriage. Kim Kardashian destroys marriage. Two gay guys getting married doesn't destroy marriage.

There will always be little hetero girls dreaming about getting married to their Prince Charming and walking down the isle in their wedding gown.  Joe and Steve getting married down the street isn't going to change this.  But Kim Kardashian-type farces may truly do the institution harm.   

I agree with Kinky Friedman - I agree with gay marriage - why shouldn't they be as miserable as the rest of us?

Stevil

I don't know how divorce can destroy marriage.
People divorce because their marriage is already destroyed.
Marriage is a partnership, a commitment between people to be there for each other, to travel through life together.
If people are unable to continue with that commitment then it is time to end the arrangement and start a new.

What weakens the meaning of marriage in my opinion is a government that pre-empts marriage by recognising defacto relationships with regards to the same legal status as a marriage.

Why do people think marriage has to be forever? People change, relationships change.
I understand dependant children need a stable family. But with no dependants involve, who gives a toss?

DeterminedJuliet

I agree with Stevil.

I am married, but I don't care a rat's ass if the "institution" of marriage continues to exist in its present form. I'd rather people who are un-happy get divorced rather than suffer for their rest of their lives in a miserable relationship. My husband and I both feel this way and I think that's part of what keeps us happy and working together - we know we both have to keep trying because we aren't "stuck" with each other no matter what. Our marriage is conditional on our happiness, and I wouldn't rather it any other way.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.