News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Praying around the dinner table

Started by kelltrill, June 17, 2011, 03:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelltrill

Quote from: Tank on June 27, 2011, 10:47:39 AM
That sounds reasonable. It shows there is some level of sensitivity there. You know what I would consider doing? Have a chat with your dad and tell him you don't mind them preying but that you and your boyfriend would feel uncomfortable joining in. That would be a nice way of creating a demarcation where you both feel comfortable. In a way it's not fair on them if they feel they can't do what they want in their own house. What do you think?
Hmm, he's not the most approachable kinda guy, but I think you have a good point there. It will alleviate the awkwardness next time we come around. Next time an invite in either direction is issued I'll definitely have a chat with him about it. Argh, he's so difficult to chat to. *sigh*
But this will hopefully just be once-off and worth it. Thanks for the advice :)
"Faith is generally nothing more than the permission religious people give to one another to believe things strongly without evidence."

Medusa

I personally just sit along with the praying. I imagine to myself what poeple are actually thinking. Probably thinking what I'm thinking. Then I look around the room and spy the people looking around the room. It's a game.
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Abletony