Happy Atheist Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Laid Back Lounge / HAF Photo Challenge: "Fun and Folly"
« Last post by Recusant on Today at 10:17:18 PM »
All right, OK, sustained clamoring for the new photo challenge has finally got to me, so here it is. Taking a cue from Tank, this theme encompasses--". . . the worst photo you ever took[.] The subject must be recognisable so the totally black photo of the inside of your pocket wouldn't be valid. And some element of humour might help. You can also submit a title with the photo if you wish."

Since some may not keep their failed photos, the theme includes fun in general. As always, photographers are welcome to take a wide latitude in their interpretation of the theme.  ;)

Up to five images will be accepted from each member, and entries will be open for the next two to three weeks, depending on response. I'll provide ample warning before closing the entries. Please send them to me preferably via PM, or via the email address in my profile: recusantathaf |at| gmail.com. I try to acknowledge receipt of entries within a reasonable amount of time--if you haven't heard back in a day or so, please remind me.  :thumbsup2:
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons to be cheerful!
« Last post by Magdalena on Today at 07:03:11 PM »
I thought this was going to be a joke about a Trump supporter.

Are there still any left? All posts the I see about Trump on social media nowadays are from liberals. It seems to me that they miss Trump more than the conservatives.
We don't miss Trump.
...But that snake does have a very long, long, long tail.  :reading:
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
« Last post by Recusant on Today at 06:54:40 PM »
Cool, JJ:thumb: :bravo:
« Last post by Dark Lightning on Today at 05:20:19 PM »
Good on ya, JJ!
« Last post by Tank on Today at 04:42:30 PM »
I got my blue belt in jiujitsu on Saturday. Still not sure if I actually deserve it, but it's there now.

Well done :)
Life As An Atheist / Re: RavingAtheists.com
« Last post by Ecurb Noselrub on Today at 04:12:46 PM »
The interesting question is demographic shifts brought on by recent historical events and conditions. Lots of people are moving TO Texas, and Florida, and Arizona. Lots of people are moving AWAY from the north. Texas gained 2 congressional seats this last cycle. Florida gained one. We may be moving toward a situation where the right wing is totally located in some states and the left wing is in others. Texas' abortion law and Arizona's voting law (passed today - the legislature can overturn an election) are repressive and digressive. But people still move to these states. This next couple of election cycles will tell us a lot.

On the bright side, however, life is still good.  Of course, I'm a white male, so ....
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Should we talk about the weather?
« Last post by Tank on Today at 04:07:46 PM »
On the BBC weather today they remarked on the low temperatures in Florida and that the Iguanas would be falling out of the trees!

Does insurance cover being hit by falling iguanas?

You're the American lawyer, you tell us!  :lol:
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons to be cheerful!
« Last post by Tank on Today at 04:05:31 PM »
So he's a rocket surgeryist?

Sort of. His job is to automate the telemetry systems which is one of the things he did at McLaren as a system engineer.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Should we talk about the weather?
« Last post by Ecurb Noselrub on Today at 04:01:33 PM »
On the BBC weather today they remarked on the low temperatures in Florida and that the Iguanas would be falling out of the trees!

Does insurance cover being hit by falling iguanas?
Laid Back Lounge / Re: questions on Ny thing
« Last post by Dark Lightning on Today at 02:46:34 PM »
^My dad worked at an assembly plant for General Motors vehicles, in Van Nuys, CA. He chipped chunks of paint over-spray off parts of the assembly line and carved things from them. That was back in the day of lacquer-based paint.

That sounds fun.

Myriad thin stripes of paint, too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10