News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Ugh. I'm pet sitting my friend's farm while she's on vacation. One of her five cats got diarrhea and crapped all over the house. Worse is that it looks like said cat has worms. I'm usually proud of my strong stomach but I almost puked. So gross.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Mr. B on August 18, 2016, 12:05:17 AM
Just watched Batman vs. Superman last night. I would very much like to have that time I wasted back....
:lol:
Excellent review!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Firebird on August 17, 2016, 07:04:47 PM
The day my in-laws came to visit, my mother-in-law had caught a cold. It's been slowly spreading amongst all of us, to my father-in-law, my wife, and then my parents. Luckily my sister-in-law and I have avoided it.
Until last night. Feeling kinda crappy  :'( Basically been sitting home way more than we expected thanks to this.
:therethere:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on August 18, 2016, 01:51:43 AM
Ugh. I'm pet sitting my friend's farm while she's on vacation. One of her five cats got diarrhea and crapped all over the house. Worse is that it looks like said cat has worms. I'm usually proud of my strong stomach but I almost puked. So gross.
Ewww!

Firebird

Quote from: Mr. B on August 18, 2016, 12:05:17 AM
Just watched Batman vs. Superman last night. I would very much like to have that time I wasted back.

I hear ya. We liked Man of Steel, so we gave it a shot. As bad as I'd feared.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Firebird

I feel like someone shoved the tube to a helium balloon canister down my throat and inflated. This cold sucks!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

No one

Today was going great until............... people!

Recusant

Quote from: Mr. B on August 18, 2016, 12:05:17 AM. . .a little humming bird just flew up and sniffed around close enough to me that I could have reached out and caught it. So, that was kind of cool.

Hummingbirds have a remarkable lack of fear of people. I'm not sure what's the matter with them.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

I hate being someone who cries easily. I had a guy scream at me while I was working because apparently 15 minutes is too long to wait for food. He called me a fucking useless whore in front of the whole restaurant. Thankfully I held it together until I got to the walk in freezer then I had a mini meltdown. I'm so ready to go home
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Icarus

Buddy, you have to adopt a philosophic stance in cases such as that one. That is not easy to do but it works rather well when sufficiently practiced. It works like this: 1; asshole person screams at you or belittles you for something over which you have no control. (in this case, the kitchen) 2; You respond by smiling and saying something like; "Why yes sir, your message is understood".  Inside your head you are thinking: " What a pity, you have demonstrated that you are an ignorant hillbilly pigs ass who is thoroughly incapable of causing me any mental discomfort, and therefore; Fuck you and the horse you rode in on". These profound thoughts are your private property.  If you practice these mental defenses, you will find that they are near bulletproof.  I learned about this mechanism long ago when I was in the military. There were times when some shavetail officer gave me a ration of shit that I definitely did not deserve, over a subject in which I was expert, and he did not have a clue. ( the hydraulic drive system that controls the shipboard big guns for example. ) As a subordinate one has to use whatever weapons or defenses are at his/her disposal.  You must develop a modicum of closely held arrogance to make this work best.

Meanwhile, Hang in there.

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on August 21, 2016, 02:13:41 AM
I hate being someone who cries easily. I had a guy scream at me while I was working because apparently 15 minutes is too long to wait for food. He called me a fucking useless whore in front of the whole restaurant. Thankfully I held it together until I got to the walk in freezer then I had a mini meltdown. I'm so ready to go home
Oh, Buddy, that's a horrible thing to have to go through.  :therethere: This dumb person  probably thinks that a waitress takes all the orders, cook the food, and serves it.  :eyeroll:

I hope the manager did something about it.  >:(

Buddy

Yeah it was awful. It was like an hour before close so there was only one grill cook, one server (me), and there were five other tables that I had. I try not to take it personally, but it was a very long day of working at the stable then going to the restaurant and I was tired and hungry so everything felt ten times worse. At least my manager was cool and reassured me that it wasn't my fault.

I also put my two weeks in at the stable this morning because I can't take working there with the way I'm treated anymore.

Magdalena

:therethere: Oh, Buddy, I'm sorry to hear you're going through a tough time, right now.  :( But it's good to hear that you don't stay long in places where people treat you bad.  :thumbsup:

Buddy

Thanks Mags. I'm feeling better now that I'm home and winding down for the night. At least I have off both jobs tomorrow so I have a full day of doing nothing planned out.