News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

I just want to say that I love you guys so much. Having some support makes a shitty situation sting a bit less.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on August 01, 2016, 10:01:11 PM
I just want to say that I love you guys so much. Having some support makes a shitty situation sting a bit less.
;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

And The Asmo. Let us not forget Him, shall we? He just selflessly hired Gloucester for the perkiness of his boobs, after all. ;D

LOVE HIM FOR THAT!!!  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Well, you're our Buddy so we have to look out for you!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

OldGit

Magdalena

OldGit, my friend, you look a little different.  :notsure:
You shaved, didn't you?
Got a haircut?
Used moisturizer?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

The police are going on strike tomorrow and, as a consequence, there will be no buses circulating, supposedly all day long, because they're afraid of getting robbed.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MariaEvri

I thought police went on strike only in robocop :/
Im sorry but I believe there are certain jobs that just SHOULDN'T go on strike
police
firefighter
doctor/emergency
those are jobs needed for safety and saving peoples lives
How can you strike?
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Asmodean

Unions. A blight on The Asmo's tranquility.  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: MariaEvri on August 04, 2016, 08:12:37 PM
I thought police went on strike only in robocop :/
Im sorry but I believe there are certain jobs that just SHOULDN'T go on strike
police
firefighter
doctor/emergency
those are jobs needed for safety and saving peoples lives
How can you strike?

People pay loads of taxes but corrupt politicians scoop up all the money and deposit it in offshore bank accounts. The police (and many others) don't get paid on time and so go on strike every now and then.

I agree with you though, it's one of those jobs that shouldn't ever go on strike.   

Icarus

The opening ceremonies of the Olympics was pulled of admirably well insofar as our TV coverage could reveal.  I think that the Brazilian people deserve a giant shout out. If the cops were on strike or were not doing their job then it was not evident at the ceremony.

I can only hope that the next two weeks will see the good organization and happy athletes like I saw tonight.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on August 06, 2016, 06:12:52 AM
The opening ceremonies of the Olympics was pulled of admirably well insofar as our TV coverage could reveal.  I think that the Brazilian people deserve a giant shout out. If the cops were on strike or were not doing their job then it was not evident at the ceremony.

I can only hope that the next two weeks will see the good organization and happy athletes like I saw tonight.

Way to go, Brazil!  :clapping:   :party:

...But when I saw Brazilian beauty Gisele Bundchen walk across the stage to the iconic samba "The Girl from Ipanema...." I was thinking about what you said, xSilverPhinx:chin:

Remember this?  :grin:

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 03, 2016, 07:09:39 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on February 03, 2016, 02:14:28 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 03, 2016, 11:44:48 AM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 25, 2016, 09:12:29 PM
How about we start this week of with some Samba?

Samba De Viola – Sangue Brasileiro | Live

Argh, I vehemently loathe that genre. :headshake: Bossa Nova (such as Garota de Ipanema), which basically started off as samba for the middle class, as well.

:couchhide:

Sad to hear of your loathing xSP, as I guess this means we can no longer be friends :slapfight:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on August 06, 2016, 06:12:52 AM

The government probably paid the crime lords to stay out of the ceremony.  ;D

I don't know about Rio, as far as I know the cops were on strike locally here as they do every now and then.

I haven't watched the ceremonies yet, too busy watching Suicide Squad at the movies.  8)

xSilverPhinx

:lol: Yes, I remember Mags!

It's no use, Bossa Nova will always be annoying noise to me. :headshake: