News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on February 16, 2016, 01:51:52 PM
Quote from: Radiant on February 16, 2016, 01:09:33 PM
Maybe I am particularly a grouch as of late, but dabbling in alcohol will not fix that problem.

That's very true, so sayeth the man two years sober 8)

Two years, already!?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

Quote from: Steeler on February 17, 2016, 03:41:32 AM
I drove home from work last night in my underwear.
Made me kinda grumpy. Luckily I didn't need tip stop for anything along the way.

Chippendale's?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Steeler

Quote from: jumbojak on February 17, 2016, 04:05:32 AM
Quote from: Steeler on February 17, 2016, 03:41:32 AM
I drove home from work last night in my underwear.
Made me kinda grumpy. Luckily I didn't need tip stop for anything along the way.

Chippendale's?

Sorry Jumbo, not that exciting. I work as a diesel tech and our uniform company shorted me on pants. I didn't want to wear dirtys home so I did what was necessary. Ha.

jumbojak

Well, for some reason I find that dissapointing... not sure why.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean Prime

Velma

Came home from work to a letter from my rheumatologist. He is retiring in June. My last appointment with him is in April. Fortunately, it looks like the other two rheumatologists in that practice might have room for more patients.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Harmonie

I heard on the news that a bill for vouchers has passed 'further than one ever has' on my state recently. That got me ranting, in front of my parents!

How dare these private schools demand to be private and free from the government, and then clamor for public funding through sneaky ways. You wanted no government, you want to not be held to standards of nondiscrimination, teaching science, etc. so... You do not get my taxed money in any way shape or form.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

I'm going to work on Saturday. Very long tedious hours.

I'm not looking forward to it at all.  :sigh:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

I was awake most of the night because we had a pretty hardcore storm come through. The power blinked off at least twice that I remember - didn't have the courtesy to just stay off so I kept waking up when the bedroom tv turned back on by itself. Then it started thundering, loudly, for over an hour. And one of the dogs was freaking out the entire time because there's a thing in the house that beeps when it turns off. Her rendition of "freaking out" is going to the kitchen, which the bedroom is off of, and endlessly circling the island on the hardwood floor. It's like NASCAR but with two of the coconut guy from Monty Python. I want to stab things.

Firebird

Quote from: Pasta Chick on February 25, 2016, 02:51:35 PM
I was awake most of the night because we had a pretty hardcore storm come through. The power blinked off at least twice that I remember - didn't have the courtesy to just stay off so I kept waking up when the bedroom tv turned back on by itself. Then it started thundering, loudly, for over an hour. And one of the dogs was freaking out the entire time because there's a thing in the house that beeps when it turns off. Her rendition of "freaking out" is going to the kitchen, which the bedroom is off of, and endlessly circling the island on the hardwood floor. It's like NASCAR but with two of the coconut guy from Monty Python. I want to stab things.

Oh yeah, we got that too. Wind was freakishly loud. Luckily didn't lose any power, but my cat was definitely freaked too.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Pasta Chick

Yup, and it just went on forever. I think it started around 11PM and finally wound down around 5AM here.

I suppose I could have gotten up and switched the dogs so coconut NASCAR was crated, but I was so out of it I just ended up yelling variations of "fucking lie down you cunt!" While trying not to sound mad and scare her more. She probably would've circled in the crate anyway...

Biggus Dickus

We got hit with a huge storm as well, fortunately the areas hit with the most snow accumulation are north of us. Here in my city we only received a few inches, but 30-60 minutes drive north and they have up to a foot.

Anyway the boss closed the office today, and is letting us work from home which is extremely nice,...except I loss a filling in one of my molars, and my tooth/jaw is killing me.
I am leaving now to go see the dentist.
I almost hate dentists as much as I do nuns...and kats. Well not hate, more like dislike, they give me anxiety attacks.

I need spoons for this.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Crow

Got fined £100 today. Got a phone call if I could go meet someone on the other side of town, walked to the tram station and one was pulling up so I jumped on. Got my phone out to pay on the app and prior to paying the inspectors jumped on and came to me first. Ah well but that is the most expensive three stop journey I have ever been on.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Crow on February 26, 2016, 08:31:26 PM
Got fined £100 today. Got a phone call if I could go meet someone on the other side of town, walked to the tram station and one was pulling up so I jumped on. Got my phone out to pay on the app and prior to paying the inspectors jumped on and came to me first. Ah well but that is the most expensive three stop journey I have ever been on.

That's ridiculous. I'd appeal it!

Siz

Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 26, 2016, 09:05:11 PM
Quote from: Crow on February 26, 2016, 08:31:26 PM

That's ridiculous. I'd appeal it!

On what grounds?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!