News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

We still haven't got a date to move house.  The person buying ours wants to go by Christmas, and the guy we're buying off is happy with that.  We're ready, but the lawyers are still piddling around.  Looks like mid-January now, as nothing will be done over Christmas.

Quote from: ShakespeareThe first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

Tank

OG did you see that poor sod who had sold his house (but not exchanged) which got flooded over the weekend?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

No, I missed that.  Poor bugger.  He may not lose any money directly, but he'll have a job to sell it again now.

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on December 07, 2015, 05:38:02 PM
No, I missed that.  Poor bugger.  He may not lose any money directly, but he'll have a job to sell it again now.
Exactly.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tom62

My wife is moving in with me again. There goes my freedom :(
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

OldGit

Quote from: Tom62My wife is moving in with me again. There goes my freedom :(
Quote from: GoetheDas Ewig-Weibliche zieht uns hinan.

;)

Velma

Four more weeks of using the wheelchair at work.  >:( Apparently, my various forms of arthritis are impeding the healing process somewhat.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on December 10, 2015, 01:45:12 AM
Four more weeks of using the wheelchair at work.  >:( Apparently, my various forms of arthritis are impeding the healing process somewhat.
Cheer up. Put some tinsel on it and spread good cheer!

Crow

Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2015, 08:06:45 AM

And battery powered LED rope.
Retired member.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on December 10, 2015, 09:12:18 AM
Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2015, 08:06:45 AM

And battery powered LED rope.

Absolutely! And a flashing blue light. For safety that is.

Guardian85

Rockets. Definetly needs to put rockets on it.  8)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Essie Mae

So sorry to hear of you troubles Velma, but I like the idea of the decorations and led lights. I do hope your knee heals soon. Budhorse4, it sounds as though your landlords are really trying it on, or al least being very legalistic; I do hope you can get some help with it; it's a horrendous amount. As for you Tom62, you never know, you might get to like it!
At least the FSM and its followers don't make promises to make everything all right. We've only got each other.  :hug2:
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Velma

Maybe I should go out this weekend and look for some decorations for the wheelchair. It could be fun!
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.