News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Buddy on August 28, 2019, 05:15:53 PM
Been applying for a part time second job to cover the bills from my surgery. Sucks that even paying a lot for insurance I'm still a couple of thousand dollars in debt for it.  :-\

Would you accept some small amount of assistance from any of us?

Buddy

I really appreciate it Bruce, but I'll be okay.  :) I have a payment plan set up with the hospital so I won't go completely broke. I'm just whinging over the current state of healthcare in the states. The second job is mostly so I can continue to save for my europe trip next year while I pay off the bill.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ecurb Noselrub

Travel is always good and gives you something to plan/hope for.

Tank

Quote from: Davin on August 28, 2019, 07:44:45 PM
I think that's beyond regular adulting. It's now Adulting on hard mode.

Paying bills, paying for insurances, paying the rent/mortgage, food... etc. are all normal adult things that all adults have had to deal with.

But getting sick or injured has never before, and never should, require people to get a second job to pay for or send people into extreme long term debt. Especially when already paying a lot for health insurance.

This is not regular adult responsibilities, these new levels of medical expenses are insanity.

I ranted a little.

My wife has just had surgery on her elbow to free up a nerve, all went well. In the UK we pay up front in tax and all costs are covered. Apparently in the US this would have cost $2.5k to $3k. Not to bad in the scheme of things if you have savings and/or insurance but a nightmare if you don't.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

I think I may be experiencing my first case of mat Bourne illness. The itching started right after we finished rolling yesterday...  >:(

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on September 10, 2019, 10:54:38 PM
I think I may be experiencing my first case of mat Bourne illness. The itching started right after we finished rolling yesterday...  >:(

That's rough. Have you tried ketoconazole shampoo? It's helped me with gym equipment related ick.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

I've never heard of that before. I'll have to check it out.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

You can get it at most pharmacies, name brand Nizoral. It's a bit pricey but it lasts forever.

Bad Penny II

Detached retina, it's quite annoying.
Stop whinging, you're always whinging, whinging and moaning.
It's just an eye, the gods saw fit to grace us with a spare.

That's alright for you, your one's still working! >:(

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Bad Penny II on September 11, 2019, 10:35:41 AM

I had a relatively minor detached retina, and it caused straight lines to move rapidly.  I considered it a super-power, but like all my other powers, it went away.

Bad Penny II

I think mine might be a bit more detached.
My right eye is a dark oil splattered window.
I feel the need to cover it, 'cause the dissonance. :offtobed:
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 11, 2019, 02:57:38 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on September 11, 2019, 10:35:41 AM

I had a relatively minor detached retina, and it caused straight lines to move rapidly.  I considered it a super-power, but like all my other powers, it went away.
:smileshake: You guys are funny.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

jumbojak

Damn Tom, that sucks. If you do lose you job though it's an opportunity to find something new, something better.

Tom62

Quote from: jumbojak on September 22, 2019, 03:05:21 PM
Damn Tom, that sucks. If you do lose you job though it's an opportunity to find something new, something better.

Thanks! I've been looking for a new job for a couple of weeks now. Hopefully, I find something closer to my home.
However, most employers here in Germany might find me too old.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein