News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Mr. B on March 10, 2020, 09:07:14 PM
Honey badger don't care.  ;D
Yes, The crazy nastyass Honey Badger don't care. ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Best book rants on Youtube!  ;D

(Not Safe For Work...Better get your headphones :sidesmile:)

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Mr. B

NOPE!

But with all that moving around from place to place, I hope she washes her hands for 20 seconds with warm soap and water.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

billy rubin

does this suck?

i don't think this sucks.

i've been fascinated by waves for a long time, at least since i was a child and first saw a waterfilled shadowbox with a vibrator in it. one of the most interesting classes i ever took in school was sedimentology, and a lot of that was focused on disentangling depositional environments from the sedimentary bedforms the waves left behind.

even today if i find a rock with interesting ripple marks on it i bring it home.

i can't help myself.

anyway

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on March 18, 2020, 02:11:29 PM
does this suck?

i've been fascinated by waves for a long time, at least since i was a child and first saw a waterfilled shadowbox with a vibrator in it. one of the most interesting classes i ever took in school was sedimentology, and a lot of that was focused on disentangling depositional environments from the sedimentary bedforms the waves left behind.

even today if i find a rock with interesting ripple marks on it i bring it home.

i can't help myself.

anyway

That should be easy to set up at home. I would like to see Dark Side of the Moon's patterns.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

hes just taken an old speaker out of the box and stuck a plate of oil on top for one of them

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

more fluid dynamics. this video is ancient, and most certainly does NOT suck. it has fascinating implications for a fast motorcycle that are as timeless as air.

factories mostly ignore motorcycle erodynamics, because the rider is the biggest obstacle and they cnt control it. and racers who discover something useful re often eliminated by rules, the way those little winglets were forbidden because nobopdy can affod wind tunnel time except the bazillionaires

but the basic stuff is super usefule to remember. a friend of mine used the information here to redesign th struts holding his sidecar rig together, from round to airfoils

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on March 18, 2020, 02:11:29 PM
does this suck?

i can't help myself.

anyway

That video is so cool.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

This ending scene from the movie "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome", seems more than fitting during these strange, and turbulent times.

Quote"This you know, the years travel fast, and time after time I done the tell. But this ain't onebody's tell. It's the tell of us all, and you've gotta listen and to 'member, 'cause what you hears today you gotta tell the newborn tomorrow. I's lookin' behind us now into history back. I sees those of us who got the luck and started the haul for home, and I 'members how it led us here and how we was heartful 'cause we seen what there once was. One look and we knewed we'd got it straight. Those what had gone before had the knowin' and the doin' of things beyond our reckonin' — even beyond our dreamin'. Time counts and keeps countin', and we knows now: finding the trick of what's been and lost ain't no easy ride, but that's our track. We gotta travel it, and there ain't nobody knows where it's gonna lead. Still in all, every night we does the tell so that we 'member who we was and where we came from. But most of all we 'members the man who finded us, him that came to salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of him that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there'll come a night when they sees the distant light and they'll be comin' home."

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

That's a wonderfully creative lecturer.
― Charles Eames

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Bluenose

HMAS Hobart final voyage speed trial.  36 knots (67 km/h, 41 mph)

Oh, and Ghost Riders...

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett