News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

10 Useful Websites https://youtu.be/dWFxzpTpzOE

Some are more useful than others depending on your personality.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

I'm not overly familiar with Louis CK's material. Watched him on SNL, some of the late-night shows, few stand-up clips here and there, and I thought he was kinda of funny, but never really delved too deeply into his material.

Recently I came across some of videos from his show and am starting to get a bit hooked on him I admit, this clip with Robin Williams is really good, and sort of ironic at the end.

Louis CK and Robin Williams on death
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

joeactor

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 25, 2017, 09:22:23 PM
I'm not overly familiar with Louis CK's material. Watched him on SNL, some of the late-night shows, few stand-up clips here and there, and I thought he was kinda of funny, but never really delved too deeply into his material.

Recently I came across some of videos from his show and am starting to get a bit hooked on him I admit, this clip with Robin Williams is really good, and sort of ironic at the end.

Wow. Cool clip...

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 25, 2017, 09:22:23 PM

That was beautiful.
:cryandrun:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on April 28, 2017, 10:43:01 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on April 28, 2017, 10:04:04 PM
An interesting experiment

Was that staged?

Dunno, but if it was did they pick the instances where the people did not rip into each other, verbally of ohysically?

Also, note the deliberate manipulations. Not done a careful study or analysis but, in the beer scene, they have to "meet at right-angles" after cooperative work,, even the position of the place to put the beer was determined. So, meeting at a corner, from different directions, deliberately modified from being directly opposite, gives more scope for interaction than meeting across a table where about the only options are guarded acceptance or withdrawal. Do you feel better if the doctor's desk is at right angles to you or he or she uses it as a barrier between the two of you?

Subtle, but deliberate, manipulation is so common we very rarely notice it!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on April 29, 2017, 05:56:39 AM

Was that staged?

Dunno, but if it was did they pick the instances where the people did not rip into each other, verbally of ohysically?

Also, note the deliberate manipulations. Not done a careful study or analysis but, in the beer scene, they have to "meet at right-angles" after cooperative work,, even the position of the place to put the beer was determined. So, meeting at a corner, from different directions, deliberately modified from being directly opposite, gives more scope for interaction than meeting across a table where about the only options are guarded acceptance or withdrawal. Do you feel better if the doctor's desk is at right angles to you or he or she uses it as a barrier between the two of you?

Subtle, but deliberate, manipulation is so common we very rarely notice it!

If it wasn't staged, it may have been set up for maximum theatrical effect. They did not give their own analysis of what happened so it can't be scientific. More like they took us for a ride of what science would be like if we did it.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tom62

Was that staged?

Heineken quoted on Twitter there was no acting, and that the ad features "real stories."
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

I really liked that video. Thanks for posting it Tom...if only all 7.5 billion of us on the planet could have the opportunity, or at least the chance to meet each other in like circumstances many the world wouldn't be such a horrible place.

Gives one a slight bit of hope.

Well here is some more All in the Family,...I recently posted another video with Archie and Meathead in one Manga's multiple NDE threads about how to put on shoes and socks, this one is how to get into bed properly.

I enjoy the one part in the beginning about atheists.

Biggus Dickus

Icarus

Tom62

Robert A. Heinlein