News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

It is stupid! I still haven't gotten my inner cannulas for the trach and it's been over two months. It isn't the same company but really, I shouldn't have to fight to get what I need. If I run out of bags or whatever, ship me some to tide me over.

For the trach I'm not supposed to be reusing the same inner cannula. I'm supposed to dispose of it and get a sterile one. I risk infection this way but I can't do without one. We'll put in another call today and see what excuse they come up with.

They replaced my nurse yesterday. I don't know why, maybe she got complaints from other patients besides me.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

woke up at 0300 today, made lunch, and walked the 1000 feet to the warehouse to fire up th eold triumph to go to work..

i like that machine because i've been riding it for almost 50 years and it can't surprise me anymore.

but it can still disappoint. no brakes lights. no tail lights even. so i said, what about the buell?

so i pushed the buell out into the dark and pressed the starter button. no start, dead battery.

i said, maybe this is a sign that i sholuld take th etruck . . .

but i said, no, its a sign that i should take the kawasaki. so i rolled the little ninja out, it started right up, and i rode into town .

only one whitetail ran in front of me, a good trip.

so now i have the buell on the charger ( i think i left the ignition key on. again)

and the problem with the triumph was that the tailight bulb had blown apart. i checked all the fuses (good), wiggld the wires (good), and said

surely both filaments havent gone out?

but they had, and the bulb was covered in yellow oxide inside and had a quarter inch hole blown in it.

so i went t my box of old 1157 bulbs, put one ion, and voila, problem solved.

so ill ride that one to work in the morning. i like that bike because my muscle memory is fixed to it. i bought it when i was 21 years old and teddy was still PM, and all my reflexes are cued to it. with th others, i have to remember, left shift, or right? which side is the brake? shift pattern one down, three up, or maybe four up, or five up, or is it one up and three down. . .

don't have to do that with the old triumph. ive been messing with that machine for a long time. as i get slower and slower, we go together faster and faster. fell down on it once at 110, but now it goes 117 and doesn't wobble any more

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

Finally got my inner cannulas in only to find they are the wrong size and make! We've been through this before. One would think they would have written down what the right size and model was but nooooo. So I'm still without. I've got a box of thirty that I can't use to add to the other boxes that I can't use.

I've complained.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

A pipe burst in the bathroom adjacent to my bedroom yesterday, I spent all morning mopping up water from the floor.

Wanna know what the worst thing was? I didn't even notice until my room was already flooded! My feet were up on the chair and I had my headphones on. It was raining yesterday so I attributed the faint gushing sound I heard in the background to the rain outside and paid no attention to it at all. It was only when I put my feet down to get up from the chair that I felt the cold water soaking my feet to the bone.

Old house plumbing!  :grrr: This was the second time the exact thing happened within a year!  :sulk:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 09, 2020, 06:47:42 PM
A pipe burst in the bathroom adjacent to my bedroom yesterday, I spent all morning mopping up water from the floor.

Wanna know what the worst thing was? I didn't even notice until my room was already flooded! My feet were up on the chair and I had my headphones on. It was raining yesterday so I attributed the faint gushing sound I heard in the background to the rain outside and paid no attention to it at all. It was only when I put my feet down to get up from the chair that I felt the cold water soaking my feet to the bone.

Old house plumbing!  :grrr: This was the second time the exact thing happened within a year!  :sulk:
Damn, sorry, Silver. You're getting lots of bad stuff all at once.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Recusant

Quote from: Randy on July 03, 2020, 11:59:30 PM
Finally got my inner cannulas in only to find they are the wrong size and make! We've been through this before. One would think they would have written down what the right size and model was but nooooo. So I'm still without. I've got a box of thirty that I can't use to add to the other boxes that I can't use.

I've complained.

Is it possible to sterilize a used cannula with isopropyl alcohol?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on July 09, 2020, 08:08:36 PM

Damn, sorry, Silver. You're getting lots of bad stuff all at once.

Thanks, Davin. Yeah...it's been a total shitstorm.

jumbojak

Damn those hydraulic cylinders...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

:therethere:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

Quote from: Recusant on July 09, 2020, 08:21:08 PM
Quote from: Randy on July 03, 2020, 11:59:30 PM

I've complained.

Is it possible to sterilize a used cannula with isopropyl alcohol?
We are washing them with antibacterial soap and water. The gunk that gets in there clogs it up pretty bad. Anyway, on the side of one it says, "Do Not Wash". These are disposables. I suppose we could use alcohol but then there is the possibility of me breathing some of the liquid in. At least with water my body can absorb it.

Randy

I swear, Silver, you can't win for losing some days.

Tank

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on July 10, 2020, 04:00:22 PM

Someone is skating on thin ice.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

:lol: I was thinking that there is a lot of water between them!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on July 10, 2020, 04:00:22 PM