News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Dark Lightning

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

Good news. My wife didn't broke her leg but teared a muscle. She will be home today.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

That's good indeed, though torn muscles do hurt a bit. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tom62 on November 29, 2023, 06:36:09 AMGood news. My wife didn't broke her leg but teared a muscle. She will be home today.

:clapping:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on November 27, 2023, 08:31:37 PMIt snowed very heavily, so I told my wife this morning that she better work from home. Unfortunately her boss forced her to go to the office anyway. She arrived safely at the office, but slipped and made a nasty fall when she got out of the car. They had to take her to the hospital, where they found out that she had broken her leg (tibia). I couldn't visit her today, because all the roads were closed to to the heavy snowfall (+/- 20cm).

I hope the boss is held responsible! She'll be working from home now for a while. Or better still not working at all.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on November 29, 2023, 06:36:09 AMGood news. My wife didn't broke her leg but teared a muscle. She will be home today.

That's better news.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

Muscle tears can take a long time to heal, too. Better than a broken bone, I guess.

The Magic Pudding..

QuoteI was sceptical about paying $16.99 for a squeegee, upgrading from the $2.50 IKEA one and I'm glad I pulled the trigger.

I've come to dislike this "I pulled the trigger" expression.
I'm not sure of the user demographic but I'm sure I don't like them.
You don't like anyone anymore.
No, like is an expansive thing and I'm living in a shrinking brain, dislike is tight and scrunched up, I don't have room for that other stuff.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Tank

Mould. This has taken up residence in my car's windscreen washer bottle and is blocking the water flow to the windscreen. £30 for a clean out and if that does not work £140 for a new washer bottle and £100 to fit that.  >:(

billy rubin

what?????

whats in the local scrap yard?

can you just take it out and poke a wire tjrough the clog?

theyre not sophisticated. my 63 ford had a rubber bag in the footwell tbat you pressed with your foot to squirt anything

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

Sodium Hypoclorite, ordinary laundry bleach will eradicate most varieties of mould. Fill the windshield windscreen washer bottle and wait for a day or two. Will not damage paint or rubber parts.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on January 19, 2024, 06:16:54 PMwhat?????

whats in the local scrap yard?

can you just take it out and poke a wire tjrough the clog?

theyre not sophisticated. my 63 ford had a rubber bag in the footwell tbat you pressed with your foot to squirt anything

Tried the pokey things and fishing line. Didn't make much difference.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on January 20, 2024, 12:49:02 AMSodium Hypoclorite, ordinary laundry bleach will eradicate most varieties of mould. Fill the windshield windscreen washer bottle and wait for a day or two. Will not damage paint or rubber parts.

Will try this.