News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

There is still a chill in the air here but it's fine.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

The landscape's a beaut.
The weather is overcast
but it is winter.

Asmodean

Oh yeah, that's right! It's pretty much midwinter in the Southern hemisphere. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

I can't remember the last time we went without significant rainfall for such a long time. I think it hasn't rained here for about 8 weeks.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Yeah, it's dry as a salt cracker here as well, although just a few tens of kilometers away, it was raining pretty heavily yesterday.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

There have been flash floods and thunderstorms to the south in London and the South East of England.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Anne D.

The smoke from the Canadian wildfires finally seems to have cleared out. It was particularly hellish here Wednesday. A weird haze at ground level. My car's AC is out, so sitting in highway traffic on the commute home was a little harrowing. I kept rolling the window up and down, trying to decide which was worse--stifling hot with less smoke or less stifling but smokier. Good times.

billy rubin

hazy friday here in ohio too, but nicer yesterday and today.

the haze reminded me of california, where that stuff is normal.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Recusant

Quote from: Anne D. on June 18, 2023, 06:19:21 PMThe smoke from the Canadian wildfires finally seems to have cleared out. It was particularly hellish here Wednesday. A weird haze at ground level. My car's AC is out, so sitting in highway traffic on the commute home was a little harrowing. I kept rolling the window up and down, trying to decide which was worse--stifling hot with less smoke or less stifling but smokier. Good times.

That sounds hellish. When it gets bad I use an N95 mask, but that's not particularly comfortable either.  :ppe:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

It's hot and humid here today. Sweating doesn't help - just makes a hapless The Asmo's butt crack all wet. :sadshake:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

How do shapeless lumps have ass cracks?

I'm confuzzled.

MarcusA

Cold weather ain't good
for ice cream, and I love ice
cream by the bowlful.

No one

Cold weather is perfect for ice cream, it doesn't melt.

Tank

Quote from: No one on June 22, 2023, 05:24:17 AMCold weather is perfect for ice cream, it doesn't melt.

Hint. Marcus live in Australia he doesn't really know what it means to be cold.

MarcusA

Let's not talk about the bloody weather. Let's talk about the bastard who delivers it. God needs his ring kicked as far as  I'm concerned.