News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Elon Musk may be stepping down as head of Twitter?

Started by Asmodean, December 19, 2022, 08:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

In a new tweet, Musk says that he will indeed be stepping down as CEO. Unless of course the process of finding some poor fool to take over takes an indefinite length of time.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

he ll stay until his bone saw buddies tell him its time to go

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tom62

After counting the mail-in ballots more than 90% of the voters wants him to stay ;)
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tom62 on December 21, 2022, 05:49:21 PMAfter counting the mail-in ballots more than 90% of the voters wants him to stay ;)
Good point! It takes weeks to get one of them slow-ass ships from Asia, through Europe and all the way to America. Many people on the way. Many voters. Many uh... ballots, what deserve to be counted.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

By all accounts he has become the first person to lose $200 billion!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Yeah, but that's mostly because Tesla was disgustingly overvalued for a long time and a few of them runaway hype-pidgeons are now coming home to roost. It still is overvalued though, as I see it. Manufacturers like Audi, Toyota or Ford should be worth up to orders of magnitude more than Tesla based on their assets, output and capability.

So I'm not sure I'd call it "losing 200bn" - he never had it. His assets were valued thusly, but as I pointed out in previous discussions, if you have a ten million dollar house, you do not have ten million dollars. You have a house. If it burns down, you don't lose ten million dollars either - you lose a house.

Still, you have to give Musk one thing; the Hype King is indeed the king of hype.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

Elon Musk can go to Mars and stay there for all I care.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

Oh, he's already halfway there, according to him.

billy rubin

MarcusA

MarcusA

If Elon Musk steps down from his high chair, that will be amazing.

Tank

It'll be interesting to see how long he'll be able to keep his hands off the wheel. :popcorn:

MarcusA

As far as I can see, he has full control of Twitter already.