News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Ban The Poster Above You

Started by The Magic Pudding, July 09, 2011, 02:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Red_Cloud on October 12, 2019, 03:54:19 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 12, 2019, 03:13:35 AM

"A picture is worth a thousand words" :felix:

Well, you see...
Ban:
- The Magic Pudding, who started this puerile vomit inducing thread!
- All the arse scratching "Shit-for-brains" HAF members who have posted in this thread!
- ALL the HAF members who have ever posted ANYTHING in this immature forum!
This fucking HAF forum!
- Any habitual wanker who repeatedly ends every sentence with an exclamation mark!
But - DON'T ban Magdalena! :hug:
...If they are what you say they are, then I would appreciate it if you don't separate me from them. They are all my second family. The good, the bad and the ugly. Everything they are, I am as well.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Red_Cloud

Well Goddam! . . That takes the biscuit don't it?

Why I didn't include you Mags, was because you introduced me to these animated giffs. :grin:
The one YOU included, well, that hurt! It's the sort of look I would get when I turned up on a blind date. Not from a fella I hasten to say.
So ok, I take back my banning purge, but I do think all the forum members need a damn good enema.

So if you could all form an orderly queue my delightful assistant and I will proceed.

xSilverPhinx

Aww Mags, you're awesome!  :hug:

Red Cloud, this forum and many of its regular members go way back. Even though we are an atheist forum, we hardly ever talk about atheism or religion...just check out the forum Stats and see its profile for yourself.

HAF is a little like Camelot, 'tis a silly place. :grin:

Silly threads and posts abound, but there's always room for more serious discussions, which is why I love this place.

I feel you could be a valued member here and hope you stick around (and chill :hammock:). I don't know what exactly it is you expect from this forum but perhaps...just maybe, your expectations are not aligned with the 'forum culture'?

Time to ponder? :thinking:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

It's all absurd, I ban those who expect us to be sensible.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 12, 2019, 01:55:23 PM

:banned:

Bad Penny II

link=topic=7744.msg391917#msg391917 date=1570884923]
[/quote]

The US are withdrawing, letting the Turks in.
Were the Kurds with us in WWII?
I don't know, did they have a choice?
I know Turkey was against us in WWI,
I don't blame them for that though.
Idiot verse, it comes uncalled to my finger tips

xSilverPhinx

Banned. I'll show you the whole version of 'sensible'.

If you're not a Monty Python fan then you're banned for real. :deadpan:

:P

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 12, 2019, 03:11:23 PM
The US are withdrawing, letting the Turks in.
Were the Kurds with us in WWII?
I don't know, did they have a choice?
I know Turkey was against us in WWI,
I don't blame them for that though.
Idiot verse, it comes uncalled to my finger tips

The Turks aren't being sensible, can I ban them?

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 12, 2019, 04:03:58 PM

The Turks aren't being sensible, can I ban them?

No, Turkey is a country, hence psychopathy is the norm.

Red_Cloud

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 12, 2019, 01:31:01 PM
Red Cloud, this forum and many of its regular members go way back. Even though we are an atheist forum, we hardly ever talk about atheism or religion...just check out the forum Stats and see its profile for yourself.

Silly threads and posts abound, but there's always room for more serious discussions, which is why I love this place.

I feel you could be a valued member here and hope you stick around (and chill :hammock:). I don't know what exactly it is you expect from this forum but perhaps...just maybe, your expectations are not aligned with the 'forum culture'?

SilverPhinx. . . It appears to me that this place you call your "Camelot", your "Elysium" is nothing more that a clique of like minded friends, made up of no more than a dozen members. Hardly any of the many other members ever post anything. It is worth remembering that Camelot did eventually fall, from within! :'(
You say: "Even though we are an atheist forum, we hardly ever talk about atheism or religion." Well yes, I have noticed that. This forum doesn't exactly do "What it says on the tin" does it! I feel that there are many more issues which could be debated on various other subjects which are somewhat related to religious beliefs. Some which prey on the gullible and extract huge sums of money from them.
Yes, you may be right when you say ". . . perhaps...just maybe, your expectations are not aligned with the 'forum culture'?
I feel I have been somewhat ostracised from your little "clique".  Oh dear! Does that appear as if I am a cry baby and spitting my dummy out of the pram? :violin: But that is not so.  I will let your little clique of 12 ponder on this, although I don't expect much of a response. :felix:

Tank

Quote from: Red_Cloud on October 20, 2019, 01:10:29 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 12, 2019, 01:31:01 PM

SilverPhinx. . . It appears to me that this place you call your "Camelot", your "Elysium" is nothing more that a clique of like minded friends, made up of no more than a dozen members. Hardly any of the many other members ever post anything. It is worth remembering that Camelot did eventually fall, from within! :'(
You say: "Even though we are an atheist forum, we hardly ever talk about atheism or religion." Well yes, I have noticed that. This forum doesn't exactly do "What it says on the tin" does it! I feel that there are many more issues which could be debated on various other subjects which are somewhat related to religious beliefs. Some which prey on the gullible and extract huge sums of money from them.
Yes, you may be right when you say ". . . perhaps...just maybe, your expectations are not aligned with the 'forum culture'?
I feel I have been somewhat ostracised from your little "clique".  Oh dear! Does that appear as if I am a cry baby and spitting my dummy out of the pram? :violin: But that is not so.  I will let your little clique of 12 ponder on this, although I don't expect much of a response. :felix:

If you want to discuss something start a thread about it. We are what we are, we're not going to change to suit your expectations. However your presence may well cause change. And remember there is no compulsion for anybody to post here and that includes you. You participate because you choose to. Nobody is forcing you to. And if HAF doesn't reach your expectations that's because your expectation are wrong not that HAF is.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Red_Cloud

Quote from: Tank on October 20, 2019, 01:22:19 PM
If you want to discuss something start a thread about it. We are what we are, we're not going to change to suit your expectations. However your presence may well cause change. And remember there is no compulsion for anybody to post here and that includes you. You participate because you choose to. Nobody is forcing you to. And if HAF doesn't reach your expectations that's because your expectation are wrong not that HAF is.

Well thank you for your prompt and curt reply Tank, I expected nothing less! :grin:
{Banned for avatar being a tank of war and not a tank full of beautiful exotic fishes.}
I was actually directing my post to SilverPhinx who in turn was "putting me in my place" in response to a previous post I had the affront to submit. It now appears I have been "put in my place" yet again". Ah well! . . That's the way the cookie crumbles ain't it? ("C'est la vie") :shrug:
QuoteAnd if HAF doesn't reach your expectations that's because your expectation are wrong not that HAF is.
Yes! Yes! . . . NOW I understand. :notworthy: :not worthy: :notworthy: :not worthy: :notworthy: :not worthy:

No one

Magdalena

Quote from: Red_Cloud on October 20, 2019, 01:10:29 PM
... It appears to me that this place you call your "Camelot", your "Elysium" is nothing more that a clique of like minded friends, made up of no more than a dozen members. Hardly any of the many other members ever post anything.
I'm sad to admit this is exactly what I thought of this place when I joined 9 or 10 yrs ago.
:therethere:
I've left so many times... :felix: Tank, how many times have I left because I'm not happy here?
I've lost count. :grin:

Don't go, Red_Cloud, or just  take a break from us if you must, but come back.
Oh, and  :secrets1: try to not insult people too much. I know it's fun, believe me I want to do the same sometiemes...Well, many times...

Oh, speaking of that, I ban No one, "Baking fail ban." What does that even mean?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

The cloud's cookies crumble.

Boomerang ban.

billy rubin

Quote from: Red_Cloud on October 20, 2019, 03:45:28 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 20, 2019, 01:22:19 PM

Well thank you for your prompt and curt reply Tank, I expected nothing less! :grin:
{Banned for avatar being a tank of war and not a tank full of beautiful exotic fishes.}
I was actually directing my post to SilverPhinx who in turn was "putting me in my place" in response to a previous post I had the affront to submit. It now appears I have been "put in my place" yet again". Ah well! . . That's the way the cookie crumbles ain't it? ("C'est la vie") :shrug:
QuoteAnd if HAF doesn't reach your expectations that's because your expectation are wrong not that HAF is.
Yes! Yes! . . . NOW I understand. :notworthy: :not worthy: :notworthy: :not worthy: :notworthy: :not worthy:

sup, red cloud?
im not a member of any clique here, and i'll talk about religion with you.

what do you see as the most important topic to start with?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."