News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Ban The Poster Above You

Started by The Magic Pudding, July 09, 2011, 02:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tom62

You are banned, because three's a crowd
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

Banned four starting this numbers thing again.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 01, 2016, 05:23:08 PM
Banned four starting this numbers thing again.

Banned for the use of idioms on a forum where such practice is clearly not tolerated; you're also lucky as such use of puns in China could land you in hot water.

China officials say casual alteration of idioms risks nothing less than 'cultural and linguistic chaos', despite their common usage
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Buddy

Banned for being gone for so long and leaving us worried.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 01, 2016, 06:56:30 PM

You are hereby banned my Dear Bud (Happy New Year by the way) because I'm not confident in the correctness or accuracy of your short passage above. Truth be told I'm also struggling to try and connect your passage (which makes me think I may be way off base) to rhetoric and techne as proposed by Aristotle.

Does rhetoric function as an art? Or is rhetoric's purpose or "duty" to help the maker deliberate through the process of making art, to made art, to persuading his audience that he has made art? (Not sure where I'm going here, sorry....)

You are saying if I follow correctly that I was gone for a long time, so I should therefore be banned?

Basically, "Hello Bruno, we've missed you, now fuck off,..."
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 01, 2016, 08:10:00 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 01, 2016, 06:56:30 PM

You are hereby banned my Dear Bud (Happy New Year by the way) because I'm not confident in the correctness or accuracy of your short passage above. Truth be told I'm also struggling to try and connect your passage (which makes me think I may be way off base) to rhetoric and techne as proposed by Aristotle.

Does rhetoric function as an art? Or is rhetoric's purpose or "duty" to help the maker deliberate through the process of making art, to made art, to persuading his audience that he has made art? (Not sure where I'm going here, sorry....)

You are saying if I follow correctly that I was gone for a long time, so I should therefore be banned?

Basically, "Hello Bruno, we've missed you, now fuck off,..."
Banned for planning your response. Which is why I didn't ban you earlier,
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Banned for not understanding the ape dialect. Please allow me to translate: "I've missed everyone here, especially you, Budhorse4. I'm glad I decided to come back, all this sarcasm inside of me was killing me, it was about to explode."
Basically, "I love you."

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Banned for barely concealed jealousy.

Magdalena

I'm not jealous of Budhorse4, I love her, she loves me, and if Bruno loves her, even though she doesn't know how to make tamales either, that's fine with me. I think you're jealous, so I'll ban you.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

B is for buh-bye,  won't see you around.
A is for always and forever
N is for anywhere and anytime at all, down here in the happy atheist assembly.

Ecurb Noselrub

Banned for violating the Rule Against Perpetuities.

OldGit

Banned for excessive twozzlement.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Banned for discouraging creativity.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.