News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Laid Back Lounge / Re: Things You Would Change in...
Last post by Tank - Today at 10:50:19 AM
I agree that any system that awards personal wealth and/or power will probably suffer from corruption. We are seeing this in the UK with the awarding of Covid contracts to government cronies among other things.

Personally I go with the old adage that the person who wants power is the last person you should give it to. Police officers being a prime example.

I would like to see a professional civil service selected by lottery. This would be properly democratic in that it would be government of the people by the people. Voting is in my opinion not democracy but a flawed method of achieving democracy and that's why democracy is itself ultimately flawed. But people in power don't like to give it away so I don't think my idea will ever come to fruition.
Last post by Dark Lightning - Today at 03:04:13 AM
*cough*enlightened oligarchy*cough*

Too bad such doesn't, and likely never will, exist.
Last post by Icarus - Today at 02:06:29 AM
   ^  :postoday:
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Game: The Next Person... (...
Last post by Ecurb Noselrub - February 03, 2023, 03:44:40 PM
False, but I am not retired yet. But I can see that it will be as stressful as work, so I might as well continue to work as long as I can and get paid for my stress.

TNP finds personal value and worth in working and earning money, so he/she is likely to continue working as long as he/she can.
Last post by Ecurb Noselrub - February 03, 2023, 03:42:36 PM
One of the flaws of democracy is that it will always tend to place more and more corrupt people into office. They want power, and will promise anything to get your votes, even though they know they cannot deliver. It would be nice to have some sort of non-partisan committee who screened for these sorts of frauds, but that would also probably become corrupt. So, freedom and democracy carry the seeds of their own destruction. Bottom line is that the people are flawed, so their leaders will also be flawed, yet with power. And that power will corrupt them even more. Sad state of affairs. We have met the enemy, and the enemy is us.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Ban The Poster Above You
Last post by Ecurb Noselrub - February 03, 2023, 03:38:10 PM
Non-kosher ban, combined with trichinosis ban. Double bans mean the banned person cannot retaliate and misses one turn.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
Last post by Tank - February 03, 2023, 08:05:23 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on February 03, 2023, 06:31:58 AMThe Asmo doesn't even have a thing that beeps at Him when He reverses. He's still mildly ashamed every time a turn takes more than four points.

...But then, He also declares failure if the car is not equidistant from the borders of the parking spot and generally has a touch of OCD about parking.

Necessity, being a rep in London, made me very good at parking. I once went to a friends place and had to park in an ultra tight spot. When we went into his flat (apartment) he told me they had an underground car park. He came with me to mu car to let me into the car park. When we got to my car his reaction was, 'Fuck, you've been blocked in!' Hehehehee
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Jokes Thread (Was named An...
Last post by Tank - February 03, 2023, 07:59:13 AM
Found on Facebook :)
Last post by Asmodean - February 03, 2023, 06:31:58 AM
The Asmo doesn't even have a thing that beeps at Him when He reverses. He's still mildly ashamed every time a turn takes more than four points.

...But then, He also declares failure if the car is not equidistant from the borders of the parking spot and generally has a touch of OCD about parking.
Last post by No one - February 03, 2023, 05:25:32 AM
Kids these days, am I right? You have a camera, sometimes it's a 360 view.