News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

How to add an image to your posts.

Started by Tank, May 16, 2011, 10:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

I will post some pix as time goes by.  My pictures will be primitive compared to the brilliant photographs that some of our HAFers share.  I will use (try to use) pix to illustrate some sort of idea only. 

Oddly, in the past dark ages, I was a photography enthusiast with a good darkroom and have spent a lot of time with film.  The new digital method is light years ahead of anything that I might have done with film.  Oh well I still have some decent, for its day, 35 mm cameras and lens and filters and all that kind of now useless goodies.  I need that stuff like I need a paper ass.

My area of interest was mostly in high contrast B&W.  I was disappointed to learn that Ansel Adams I ain't. What the hell, I even had a huge view camera and a big 4x5 Speed Graphic. My damned I phone can now take better pictures.  All that was fun while it lasted.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on May 12, 2020, 02:09:34 AM
I will post some pix as time goes by.  My pictures will be primitive compared to the brilliant photographs that some of our HAFers share.  I will use (try to use) pix to illustrate some sort of idea only. 

Oddly, in the past dark ages, I was a photography enthusiast with a good darkroom and have spent a lot of time with film.  The new digital method is light years ahead of anything that I might have done with film.  Oh well I still have some decent, for its day, 35 mm cameras and lens and filters and all that kind of now useless goodies.  I need that stuff like I need a paper ass.

My area of interest was mostly in high contrast B&W.  I was disappointed to learn that Ansel Adams I ain't. What the hell, I even had a huge view camera and a big 4x5 Speed Graphic. My damned I phone can now take better pictures.  All that was fun while it lasted.

Every picture has worth. It captures a story and tells a story of the person behind the camera. Can't wait to see more  :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on May 12, 2020, 02:09:34 AM

I did the same, Icarus. Yes, one of the people I tried to emulate was indeed the great Ansel Adams; I even adopted his Zone System, as I am sure you did as well, but to no avail! I remained a bumbling amateur.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

Help!  I am trying to learn to post photos from my IPhone using Imageshack.  I know how to upload to the server, but I can't get the hang of copying the URL on the uploaded photo so I am post it on the forum.  It has a bunch of numbers, and then it goes to ..., meaning there are more numbers, but I can seem to get to those numbers to copy them.  Without that, I don't have the whole URL.  Anybody use Imageshack with an IPhone?