News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Recent posts

thats the issue with this AI doorbell,isnt it
Social Issues and Causes / Re: ai attack home security sr...
Last post by Dark Lightning - April 27, 2024, 10:09:17 PM
Don't know when the was law in effect, or where, but booby traps like that are unlawful just for that reason.
Music / Re: What are you listening to?
Last post by billy rubin - April 27, 2024, 09:13:08 PM
i confess a secret admiration for rob zombie

Last post by billy rubin - April 27, 2024, 08:20:15 PM
i had an uncle with a very expensive gun collection. when he went on trips he arranged a setgun pointed at the door, rigged to go off if anybody broke in.

i was young and didnt question things. but nowadays i would ask him what he would do if his house was burning down, and the firemen wouldnt save his gun collection because there was a set gun in there. or if one of them got shot.

he was from texas.
Last post by Dark Lightning - April 27, 2024, 06:12:56 PM
I always thought that a net hanging from the ceiling or on the porch in a nautical theme would be nice. Set them with a trip lever, and the net falls on the problem person(s). Then...the taser.
Last post by Tank - April 27, 2024, 05:45:45 PM
I want one!
Social Issues and Causes / ai attack home security srtup
Last post by billy rubin - April 27, 2024, 05:42:13 PM
AI-powered home security system strikes back with paintballs and tear gas

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/ai-powered-home-security-system-strikes-back-with-paintballs-tear-gas

years ago john brunner erote a book called the sheep look up, where he predicted widespread social issues stemming from unchecked capitalism and pollution, dangerous manufacgured products, and so on. or maybe it was the shockwave

rider, where he predicted tbe internet, includong computer viruses.

anyway, one of his predictions was a front door that killed unwelcom

e visitors before they could become a tbreat.

the AI version, with paintball and teargas, has just been released. potential problems afe obvious, but it seems that brunner was right again
Music / Re: What are you listening to?
Last post by billy rubin - April 25, 2024, 11:18:44 PM
Current Events / Re: Israeli-Hamas war
Last post by Tank - April 25, 2024, 09:54:51 AM
Quote from: Icarus on April 24, 2024, 12:54:26 AM^ The "openly Jewish" remark could have had a less inflamatory choice of words. Perhaps conspicuously Jewish ? 

Most of the Jews that I know are too smart to get into a situation where angry Palestinians are all a flame.  Seems to me the coppers were only trying to protect the "openly Jewish' man from possible or even probable harm.

Agreed. Knowing he was on camera the copper should have been more circumspect with his choice of words.

This guy was out to cause problems, no question. The coppers action were in my opinion justified and proportionate to the situation.
Current Events / Re: Israeli-Hamas war
Last post by Icarus - April 24, 2024, 11:58:40 PM
Huge shitshows occurring on some of our college campuses. Demonstrations opposing aid to Israel are pretty serious at several of our colleges.

I am in partial sympathy with the mostly Palestinian demonstrators. On the other hand I am in entire  agreement with DL....."calm the fuck down". It ain't like the demonstrations will have a positive affect on the situation in Gaza.  This boils down to mere show business no matter how well intentioned the demonstrators may be.