News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Mr. Biden

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, January 13, 2021, 02:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harmonie

I can not lie, I didn't care for all of the Christian/theist pandering in the inauguration... BUT at least President Biden will not be spending his administration destroying the separation of church and state through legislation.

The "relaxation" I felt before the god awful 2016 election has returned for the first time since then. We have an adult in the White House again.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

billy rubin

and Tornado Season is just two months away!

set the function, not the mechanism.

Harmonie

Quote from: billy rubin on January 20, 2021, 10:58:53 PM

Why would you do this to me?

It is January, a sacred time. We shall not speak of the "S" word.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 20, 2021, 05:31:59 PM
Papa Joe has already performed the most important act of his presidency: he has replaced Donald Trump.

And honestly, that's all I needed him to do.  Anything else is all just bonus to me.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Harmonie on January 20, 2021, 10:30:16 PM
I can not lie, I didn't care for all of the Christian/theist pandering in the inauguration... BUT at least President Biden will not be spending his administration destroying the separation of church and state through legislation.

The "relaxation" I felt before the god awful 2016 election has returned for the first time since then. We have an adult in the White House again.

A lot of us have been experiencing that.  I already felt relieved but had no idea I'd feel it as strongly as I did once Biden and Harris were officially sworn in.

I didn't mind all the Christy stuff so much, I think partly because I knew Biden actually meant it -- it wasn't just another layer of lies and hypocrisy as it was with Trump -- and because these were liberal Xtians and, as you mentioned, much less likely to cause trouble over the separation clause.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Randy

Quote from: Harmonie on January 20, 2021, 10:30:16 PM

I personally thought it would slight others such as the Muslims. As an atheist it doesn't bother me but I'm pretty sure there were more religious groups out there that voted for Biden.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

Enjoying the inaugural celebration.  Here comes the sun. Biden is in - Trump is done!

billy rubin

Quote from: Harmonie on January 21, 2021, 12:53:11 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on January 20, 2021, 10:58:53 PM

Why would you do this to me?

It is January, a sacred time. We shall not speak of the "S" word.

im sorry

the devil made me do it

set the function, not the mechanism.

Randy

With the QAnon prophecy that Joe Biden would not be inaugurated yesterday, I wonder if any of them got a dose of reality? Probably not anymore than religious nuts who believe in the return of their messiah on such and such a date and it lapses.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

No one

Everything is just an extremely elaborate deep-fake ruse. Life on Earth ended in 2012.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: No one on January 21, 2021, 04:11:08 PM
Everything is just an extremely elaborate deep-fake ruse. Life on Earth ended in 2012.

So that's why I started making better money around then.  It's all a simulation.  Oh well, I'm enjoying spending my fake money and drinking my fake bourbon.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 21, 2021, 04:24:20 PM

So that's why I started making better money around then.  It's all a simulation.  Oh well, I'm enjoying spending my fake money and drinking my fake bourbon.

If it's all just electrical and chemical signals in the brain then it's real, even if it's fake. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 21, 2021, 11:20:31 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 21, 2021, 04:24:20 PM

If it's all just electrical and chemical signals in the brain then it's real, even if it's fake. :grin:
I can't even earn fake money! I feel so left out.