News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Stop the Wall!

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, January 07, 2017, 08:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Thanks!  I'll be adding more content as time goes on.

Ecurb Noselrub

I've requested a meeting with my House Representative, John Carter, to discuss Stop the Wall!  I'll let you know if he agrees to meet with me.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 08, 2017, 04:16:48 PM
I've requested a meeting with my House Representative, John Carter, to discuss Stop the Wall!  I'll let you know if he agrees to meet with me.
When did Mr Carter get back from Mars?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on January 08, 2017, 04:34:38 PM

Hah!  Mars is a permanent residence for many US politicians.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 08, 2017, 04:42:19 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 08, 2017, 04:34:38 PM

Hah!  Mars is a permanent residence for many US politicians.

I can think of a few more that could be added.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Firebird on January 07, 2017, 09:44:18 PM
I will happily chip in a little for your effort. I may not live anywhere near the border, but I don't want my tax dollars being wasted on this clusterfuck of an idea.
Latest news is that Trump claims we'll pay for the wall now, but Mexico will pay for it later. Former Mexican president Vicente Fox responded with this on Twitter:

QuoteTRUMP,  when will you understand that I am not paying for that fucken wall. Be clear with US tax payers. They will pay for it.

Speaking of which, Twitter is bleeding money and there's talk it may get sold or not survive. I'm really beginning to think we'd all be better off without it. Just being on a facebook hiatus has been liberating for me.

What is Trump gonna do?  ::)

Another Trump Twitter war starting in 5,4,3,2...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Couldn't anybody living on the coasts of Mexico just, you know, walk around it?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Hello Bruce,

It's excellent what you are doing, and you certainly have my support and backing. I'm not on Facebook, but if you set up a Twitter account for your non-profit I'll certainly follow and pass the word along.

Good luck and bravo Sir.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

Website is Website is https://sites.google.com/bburlesonlaw.com/stopthewall/home

I've continued to contact lawmakers about this.  Trump still says he wants to go forward with it, but many are saying it's impossible. 

Dave

Well done, Bruce! Willadmit I only fid a auickscan.

I also think The Wall is just rhetoric, but it is a worrying indicator of Trump's mindset and what that means for America.

The logistics alone, building roads for beavy vehicles to carry the matetials, would be a major project in itself. Or is he going to source the materials from the native rock and soil? Rip the whole area apart,straighten out the river . . .

Just done a Google Earth flyover... Hell of a lot of river there! Though I guess there are specific popular crossing regions at the moment.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 15, 2017, 09:26:39 PM
Website is Website is https://sites.google.com/bburlesonlaw.com/stopthewall/home

I've continued to contact lawmakers about this.  Trump still says he wants to go forward with it, but many are saying it's impossible.

Congratulations Bruce, this is excellent work. I'll try to share this with as many folk as I can in an effort to get this out there and into the hands of as many people as possible.

Again awesome job...

I suspect this Wall of Trump will go down as the biggest Boondoggle of all Boondoggles. A complete and useless expenditure of taxpayer money, along with a total waste of resources and manpower.

Folks arguing for this should look at how well the Maginot Line fared the French during WWII as static defenses are useless; as Patton said, "Fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity.''
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

I've written letters to the entire Texas delegation and to all GOP Congresspersons in the other border states (the GOP Reps will decide on funding the wall).  I tried to email, but I discovered that many Reps won't take emails outside their district, so back to the ole' snail mail.  Here's the link for the House for all addresses:  http://www.house.gov/representatives/
I'll keep going until I contact every GOP Representative - over 200 of them.

It's actually fun to write these letters.  I feel like I'm doing something, even if it's futile.  It helps me sleep at night.

Here's a sample letter I wrote:

The Honorable Duncan Hunter
2429 Rayburn HOB
Washington, DC 20515

RE:  The proposed border wall between Texas and Mexico
To the Honorable Duncan Hunter:
Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. I am writing as a concerned citizen of the United States and of Texas.  I've already written all the Representatives from my state, and now I'm writing to Representatives of other states. As a person who has spent a great deal of time enjoying the Rio Grande area, I am greatly concerned about the plan to build a wall along the Texas-Mexico border.  For the following reasons, I am against the construction of such a wall now or in the future:
1.  It would destroy the natural beauty of the border area, including Big Bend National Park, Big Bend Ranch State Park, and the Lower Canyons of the Rio Grande;
2.  It would prevent US/Texas citizens from having unhindered access to their river, the Rio Grande, as the border goes to the middle of the river;
3.  Since the wall cannot be built in the middle of the river, construction of a wall anywhere else on the Texas side would effectively cede the area between the wall and the border to Mexico;
4.  It would disrupt the ecological system in the area;
5.  It is impractical to build a wall along the course of a winding river that features canyons, adjoining tributaries, lakes and cities;
6.  The project would be monumentally expensive and would not work;
7.  It would divide the private property of U.S. citizens who have land in the area; and
8.  It would disrupt cultural ties and economic activity in the border cities.
While I share the concern about improving border security, the same goal can be accomplished by hiring more Border Patrol (permanent jobs) and increasing electronic surveillance. Please do not build a wall along the Rio Grande.

Sincerely,

Bruce Burleson
Stop the Wall!, a non-profit corporation

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

It would not be a good politics to list the biggest reason for not building the wall and not even mentioning it again. That reason is that is  a certifiably dumbfuck idea dreamed up by pie in the sky people who have no idea how impractical, expensive, and ultimately useless such a foolishly contrived structure would be.

Ecurb Noselrub

Updates from my Facebook page on Stop the Wall:  https://www.facebook.com/NoTexasWall/  you can see photos of my truck with my Stop the Wall stickers, making as many people mad as possible.

I've also revised the website a bit:  https://sites.google.com/bburlesonlaw.com/stopthewall/home

I've written all Texas Congressmen and Senators, and all GOP Congressmen from border states, urging them not to fund the Wall.  I've also written President Trump, Vice President Pence, Speaker Ryan, House Majority Leader McCarthy, Governor Abbott, Texas Speaker Straus, and Lt. Gov. Patrick.  I've requested a meeting with my Congressman, John Carter.

My letters to the editor were published in a couple of local newspapers.

So the struggle continues.