News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on June 23, 2020, 08:00:02 AM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 03, 2020, 02:12:54 AM
The last few days I've been burying my head in old Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood songs (remember them?).  I think I'm almost on the verge of understanding this one:

Well that song is a rabbit hole...
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on June 25, 2020, 05:00:10 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 23, 2020, 08:00:02 AM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 03, 2020, 02:12:54 AM
The last few days I've been burying my head in old Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood songs (remember them?).  I think I'm almost on the verge of understanding this one:

Well that song is a rabbit hole...
:lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

billy rubin

i used to go out on my balcony (in asia expatriate housing, every bedroom had a balcony) and smoke opium listening to this.

ah

we'll have to wait until i find a youtube video

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on June 26, 2020, 07:27:41 AM
:dancinggirl:
I like Tracy Chapman.

Me too   :daddance:

This one took a few listens over a month to get into:

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

:this: 

I have some serious feelings about the treatment of our native Americans and how we stole their land and subjugated and abused them without mercy.