News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

I inferred, in my post 900 above, that the Donald has shit for brains.   I stand by my considered contention. 

The $18 billion, plus the inevitable cost over run, would be far better spent on reinforcing the border patrol people.  What is more the courts should support those people who actually do risk their lives trying to do what they are hired to do.

Does anyone remember the episode, some years back, when two border patrol officers apprehended a guy trying to cross the border? The dude resisted and they shot him but did not kill him.  A court case ensued.  The courts decided in favor of the illegal man. The officers both received hefty prison sentences.  No amount of protests or the use of common sense got the officers out of the serious jam that they were in.   

Does Trump know anything about instances such as that one?  Well no damned wonder that the border is leaky.  The officers are understandably hesitant  to enforce the rules that they are supposed to enforce.  For all I know those men may still be rotting in prison.

Bruce probably knows about that unfortunate incident. 

The wall is definitely a shit for brains concept.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

I got in a big argument with a couple guys at the fitness center yesterday who were trying to blame the shutdown on the Democrats.

Trump is a Republican.
• The House is controlled by Republicans.
• The Senate is controlled by Republicans.
• The party in control determines what bills come to the floor for a vote.
• The Children's Health Insurance Program expired in September 2017.
• The Republican House and Senate never brought a bill to the floor to vote on extending it. Not once.
• President Trump, via executive order, revoked DACA protections several months ago. He gave Congress a deadline to fix the problem that he created completely on his own.
• Congress failed to come up with a solution to the President's unprovoked actions.
• Congress, which is run by Republicans, failed to address DACA, failed to address CHIP, and failed to address the budget, leaving essential government personnel, including the military, forced to function under months of a CR - continuing resolutions.
• The President, who is a Republican, failed to outline ANY type of position on... well, anything... besides tax cuts for rich folks and corporations.
• Today is the one year anniversary of Donald J. Trump being inaugurated. It is also the first time in American history that the government has shut down when one party has controlled all branches of government simultaneously.

It's rather simple.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tom62

I never understood how a government can run out of money, unless we are talking about third world countries. Must be an USA kind of thing. Seemed to  have happened several times before in the past as well.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on January 22, 2018, 01:47:19 AM
I got in a big argument with a couple guys at the fitness center yesterday who were trying to blame the shutdown on the Democrats.

Trump is a Republican.
• The House is controlled by Republicans.
• The Senate is controlled by Republicans.
• The party in control determines what bills come to the floor for a vote.
• The Children's Health Insurance Program expired in September 2017.
• The Republican House and Senate never brought a bill to the floor to vote on extending it. Not once.
• President Trump, via executive order, revoked DACA protections several months ago. He gave Congress a deadline to fix the problem that he created completely on his own.
• Congress failed to come up with a solution to the President's unprovoked actions.
• Congress, which is run by Republicans, failed to address DACA, failed to address CHIP, and failed to address the budget, leaving essential government personnel, including the military, forced to function under months of a CR - continuing resolutions.
• The President, who is a Republican, failed to outline ANY type of position on... well, anything... besides tax cuts for rich folks and corporations.
• Today is the one year anniversary of Donald J. Trump being inaugurated. It is also the first time in American history that the government has shut down when one party has controlled all branches of government simultaneously.

It's rather simple.
Very nice explanation, P. Bruno :devil2:.
Very simple.  :smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

McConnel denied a vote to pay the military through the shutdown, then still tries to say that it's the Democrats that are against the troops. Not anything new, the GOP often votes against even clean bills that increase the VA budget. The GOP heavily voted against the first responders bill that would pay for the health problems the first responders got from being first responders on 9/11. They did it for years while also using 9/11 to justify all manor of constitutional violations.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Here is a distraction for my Trump bashing brothers and sisters.  It's a quiz that might be fun.....or not.  https://www.sporcle.com/games/zigga/trump-tweets

Davin

Though I did guess on some of them because he's said similar things. I missed the Jose Canseco one. Most were easy, because if they were funny then they definitely weren't from Trump.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quiz dies not work well on my tablet - no onscreen keyboard shows...

Not sure what the current situation is but the Scientific American seemed to think it was a problem back in 2012.

Treat the new bulbs gently and there us less problem. Hmm, think I will swap my inspection lamp back to a halide bulb - not that I spend hours working near it...
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on January 22, 2018, 11:32:15 PM
Here is a distraction for my Trump bashing brothers and sisters.  It's a quiz that might be fun.....or not.  https://www.sporcle.com/games/zigga/trump-tweets
This Trump bashing sister got, 18/20. 90%. ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on January 23, 2018, 01:37:46 PM

Though I did guess on some of them because he's said similar things. I missed the Jose Canseco one. Most were easy, because if they were funny then they definitely weren't from Trump.
^^^
:lol:
QuoteAlbert Einstein called. He wants his brain back.

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on January 23, 2018, 08:24:13 PM
^^^
How did they know I had it?

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on January 23, 2018, 08:43:34 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 23, 2018, 08:24:13 PM
^^^
How did they know I had it?

And how was Einstein able to ask for it if he didn't have it?  :eyebrow: