News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

^ Yup

Strange how responsibility (as the onus not the personal quality) and power changes minds, ennit?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Trump's Agenda:

1. Golf.
2. Tweet.
3. Golf.
4. Lie.
5. Golf.
6. Bitch.
7. Golf.
8. Moan.
9. Golf.
10. Repeat 1-9.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

^ insert, Flying in opulence on US 1 to Mara Lago.  Never mind the  great cost of the whimsical perigrinations.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on April 24, 2017, 01:48:08 AM
^ insert, Flying in opulence on US 1 to Mara Lago.  Never mind the  great cost of the whimsical perigrinations.
I actually wonder how much these sort of presidential trips actually cost.

The aircraft, its flight and maintenance crews, all admin and security staff etc have to be paid for anyway,even if it stays on the ground. So fuel is an added cost. I suggest the biggest bitch, with such a destination, is the disruption to normal life from the security etc. That will probably start well in advance of the trip. Does Trump charge the nation for accomodating the staff in his own property?

Camp David, in comparison, will be organised for trips and almost certainly has staff accomodation. On the negative side it has to be maintained for immediate use 365.25/year for the foreseeable future, whether in use of not, for "normal" presidents.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Gloucester on April 24, 2017, 06:02:35 AM

$3.6 million per trip, according to a Government Accountability Office report: Politifact

In just one month, 45 spent almost as much on vacations as Obama did in one year.   And not a peep about this from Republicans.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 24, 2017, 06:57:29 AM

$3.6 million per trip, according to a Government Accountability Office report: Politifact

In just one month, 45 spent almost as much on vacations as Obama did in one year.   And not a peep about this from Republicans.

Is that $3.6mn over the standing cost of maintaining the aircraft and all staff on standby 24/7/52?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Gloucester on April 24, 2017, 08:08:51 AM

Is that $3.6mn over the standing cost of maintaining the aircraft and all staff on standby 24/7/52?

That I don't know, but I'm not sure if the AF1 and the staff count as "vacation" even tho they're being used during the golfing trips.
Sandy

Tank

I bet the delta cost is the fuel and some staff overtime.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on April 24, 2017, 01:12:31 PM

You're right -- the biggest costs are the plane and staff.  The costs are based on Obama's trips, since Trump won't release the expenses for his.
Sandy

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 24, 2017, 09:09:12 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 24, 2017, 01:12:31 PM

You're right -- the biggest costs are the plane and staff.  The costs are based on Obama's trips, since Trump won't release the expenses for his.

As I thought, the extra cost per trip is mainly in fuel and possibly inconvenience for others, there are always going to be the required staff on duty for any eventuality, vacation or emergency, all the time. So he is costing you a bit extra there but the greater crime is, it seems, he is spending public money on jollies and refusing to account for it.

This man is 100% shit. Even our Liz as to make her spending of public money available for scrutiny, and her tax now. If Terrible May tried such a fiddle she would be on the carpet pronto! And, I would hope, out of office within a couple of weeks.

PS, having trouble with multiple quotes again!

Fixt. -R

Icarus

There are two small airports in the area that have to be shut down during 45s golfing visits to Mara Lago. That is causing some serious fiscal problems for those small airports and the numerous little service businesses that try make a living there.  The small business people at those airports are not happy.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Icarus on April 24, 2017, 10:03:49 PM
There are two small airports in the area that have to be shut down during 45s golfing visits to Mara Lago. That is causing some serious fiscal problems for those small airports and the numerous little service businesses that try make a living there.  The small business people at those airports are not happy.

While I was rooting around Google, I also found that the excessive use of the Secret Service to provide security for the visits has caused them to ask for an additional $60M in operating expenses.  A great deal of this could be avoided if he'd use Camp David.  I'd think after all the bloviating he did about Obama's golfing trips, 45 would make a point of going there.
Sandy

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 25, 2017, 02:52:33 AM
Quote from: Icarus on April 24, 2017, 10:03:49 PM

While I was rooting around Google, I also found that the excessive use of the Secret Service to provide security for the visits has caused them to ask for an additional $60M in operating expenses.  A great deal of this could be avoided if he'd use Camp David.  I'd think after all the bloviating he did about Obama's golfing trips, 45 would make a point of going there.

What? He will make no profit from using Camp David! I will bet he is charging every penny he can for his use of his properties for government business.

Tsk, if you can't make a couple of billion out of being POTUS the job isn't worth the hassle.

Must have missed something, where does the "45" ref come from?