News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Ed, Edd, and Eddy makes much more sense than anything happening in US politics right now...

Arturo

Quote from: joeactor on February 02, 2017, 12:29:09 AM
Ed, Edd, and Eddy makes much more sense than anything happening in US politics right now...

There was a video I saw that explains the "left" and "right" of US politics.

Here it is. The main subject is not about the left and the right, but more of debunking the person's view points.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkTz_4RInf0&t=60s
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Seems Trump has worked wonders for George Orwell, "1984"  reached #3 in the Amazon ratings according to Penguin Classics on the BBC!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/25/1984-sales-soar-alternative-facts-trump-claims-echo-orwells/
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Pasta Chick

Donald J trump Doesn't Know How To Open Doors

I feel this is likely related to not knowing how to read "push" or "pull" signs.

Firebird

Oh boy...and now he's calling for repealing the Johnson Amendment which restricts politicking by churches:

Trump Vows to 'Destroy' Law Banning Political Activity by Churches

3 weeks and and we're turning into a full-on fucking theocracy.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Bad Penny II

I've seen vid of our 80s Prime Minister talking of visiting Reagan.
Our Bob was prodigy across all the issues a leader should be
He'd ask Ronnie an economy question and he'd pass it to Joe
He'd pose a global strategic and an Al would be interposed.
It worked, Ronnie didn't mind deferring to those that knew

Then there was George Bush II
Did commercial interests he was involved with make him make the mistakes he made?
He probably doesn't remember

Donald
He's weird but if we survive him I'm sure you can go weirder. 
USA, USA
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Asmodean

If one were inclined to blindly believe the media, one would be led to assume that a nuclear war between the United States, Australia and Mexico is nigh, with UC Berkley backing the Mexicans.

The Asmo, He is sceptical. He thinks Trinidad and Tobago will be the first to invade.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Quote from: Firebird on February 02, 2017, 03:26:02 PM
Oh boy...and now he's calling for repealing the Johnson Amendment which restricts politicking by churches:

Yes, I saw this; the New York Times headline is inaccurate, though the story itself makes it clear that churches are not "banned" from political activity. They can engage in all the political activity they want, but if they do so they have to pay taxes just like any other political organization. It's a good law, but opposition to it was part of the Republican presidential platform. I expect Mike Pence has been putting a bug in Trump's ear about it as well.

Fundamentalist Christians have been moaning about and railing against the law more and more as they've gained prominence on the political landscape. In the past couple of years, I've had some discussions with right-wing Christians about it; they really hate the fact that their churches might lose tax exempt status if they go too far. The fact is that there have been very few cases brought against churches under this law--far too few, in my opinion.

The article also mentions a draft for an executive order enshrining Fundamentalist Christian views as government policy. It says that the order will not go forward, but I wouldn't bet on that.  "Donald Trump reportedly planning executive order declaring pre-marital sex, same-sex marriage and abortion to be wrong" | The Independent
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Asmodean on February 02, 2017, 03:40:36 PM
If one were inclined to blindly believe the media, one would be led to assume that a nuclear war between the United States, Australia and Mexico is nigh, with UC Berkley backing the Mexicans.

The Asmo, He is sceptical. He thinks Trinidad and Tobago will be the first to invade.

We don't have any nukes, we got talked out of getting them in more civilised times.
I think California and some of the less benighted states may yet side with us though.
So me and my hippo hopes.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on February 02, 2017, 04:23:03 PM
Quote from: Firebird on February 02, 2017, 03:26:02 PM

Yes, I saw this; the New York Times headline is inaccurate, though the story itself makes it clear that churches are not "banned" from political activity. They can engage in all the political activity they want, but if they do so they have to pay taxes just like any other political organization. It's a good law, but opposition to it was part of the Republican presidential platform. I expect Mike Pence has been putting a bug in Trump's ear about it as well.

[...]

Actually they do get it right, in the third paragraph. Another case of sloppy writing and/or editing methinks. Understandable if there is a deadline fast approaching, but I notice the sloppy use of English seems to be increasing.

This is another site where I cannot do a cut-n-paste on the tablet.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 02, 2017, 04:24:10 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on February 02, 2017, 03:40:36 PM

We don't have any nukes, we got talked out of getting them in more civilised times.
I think California and some of the less benighted states may yet side with us though.
So me and my hippo hopes.

I'd fight for Mexico. Hell what is all this weight lifting gonna do if I don't blast some fools?

Also, I wonder if the political landscape turned because of the soldiers returning home.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Found this, thought it was spot on.

Possibly NSFW.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 03, 2017, 01:18:20 AM
Found this, thought it was spot on.

Possibly NSFW.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx